Having trouble concealing without a bulge.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pyrat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Having trouble concealing without a bulge.

Post by Pyrat »

Excaliber wrote:As I get older, I find that my problem is more with the bulge under the gun than the one over it. :rolll
LOL, I hear that!!! :cheers2:
Pyrat

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

Ol Zeke wrote:
chefkristian wrote:My rule of thumb is: Just because you own a gun, that doesn't mean it should be the one you carry. ;-)
:???: Now ya tell me! I was really gettin' stressed, tryin' to keep up with the rotation sequence :mrgreen:
Rotation???

Just carry all of em at the same time. Ya got 2 pockets and 2 ankles for a reason. Heck, with a couple IWB holsters, Belly band holsters, shoulder holsters, etc, etc, etc. the possibilities are endless.

Plus this way, you don't need to worry about someone stealing your guns when your not home.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Katygunnut wrote:
Ol Zeke wrote:
chefkristian wrote:My rule of thumb is: Just because you own a gun, that doesn't mean it should be the one you carry. ;-)
:???: Now ya tell me! I was really gettin' stressed, tryin' to keep up with the rotation sequence :mrgreen:
Rotation???

Just carry all of em at the same time. Ya got 2 pockets and 2 ankles for a reason. Heck, with a couple IWB holsters, Belly band holsters, shoulder holsters, etc, etc, etc. the possibilities are endless.

Plus this way, you don't need to worry about someone stealing your guns when your not home.
Good points all.

Just watch your step around deep water - that's a lot of ballast! :lol:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

And if you carry them all at once, there won't be a single identifiable bulge; it'll just look like a spare tire.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

MasterOfNone wrote:And if you carry them all at once, there won't be a single identifiable bulge; it'll just look like a spare tire.
As I get older I find that I have more and more bulges every day. The one from my CH just gets lost among all the others.

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

At 6'5 310 pounds, I usually conceal the bulge under a bulge!

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Anyone else using a "High Noon" IWB? Is a Supertuck very much better? Anyone made the comparison?
TX CHL 1997

bobcat50

Post by bobcat50 »

Get some one-size larger Hawaiian shirts that have a pattern on them. No problem at all with my XDm you cant even see it. I got 8 for $40 at Goodwill.

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon »

rdcrags wrote:Anyone else using a "High Noon" IWB? Is a Supertuck very much better? Anyone made the comparison?
I'm using a High Noon IWB, "Tailgunner" I believe its called. I've never used the Supertuck. I carry a CZ RAMI 9mm, that's double-stack. This particular holster has the black metal belt-clip and the forward cant. That forward cant helps with the "bulge."

At first, it was a little different than just putting on pants. It's gonna feel that way which ever way you go, initially.
Now..., this has been my EDC for awhile, including the holster. Now, it's like putting on a watch, or a pair of socks. Just part of getting up in the morning and getting dressed. High Noon does quality work. I was ready to give my CZ (my every-day) some quality.

However, all I ever read about Crossbreed Supertuck is positive. I imagine they are going to have a different feel to them, respectively, regardless.

Bottom line is, you just might have to invest in a quality holster-maker. "Invest" doesn't mean break the bank necessarily, but it may keep you from having the familiar "box of holsters" in your closet.

You're on the right track.
You're doing the right thing in asking around. Eventually, go with what seems will work. It won't take too long before you don't even notice wearing it.

Get a good, thick belt, btw.

That buldge?? YOU are aware of it. Man, do I remember that feeling.

You'll be alright. :cool: :txflag:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

bnc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bnc »

Mastodon, where do you carry your Rami? I'm going to order a Public Secret from High Noon this week for my LCR (appendix), and if that goes well, for my SP-01 as well (appendix for CCW, ~3:00 for IDPA etc). The Rami is also on my future carry gun list, so I would appreciate your opinion of it as well. Thanks!

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon »

bnc wrote:Mastodon, where do you carry your Rami? I'm going to order a Public Secret from High Noon this week for my LCR (appendix), and if that goes well, for my SP-01 as well (appendix for CCW, ~3:00 for IDPA etc). The Rami is also on my future carry gun list, so I would appreciate your opinion of it as well. Thanks!
I carry 4-5:00.

I love the RAMI. It is thicker than slim single-stacks, being a double-stack. Its no pocket-carry...for me. Some guys apparently do so. I carry it 10+1, though there is a 14 rnd mag. It's a tack-driver. Its a weapon that I love taking to the range, I've put plenty of lead down-range. It's a range gun and a carry gun. I've never fired the .40 S&W version.

My RAMI came with Tru-Dot nites, factory. it's the de-cocker version. The only de-cocker I own. I carry with a , now familar and reasonable, de-cocker DA to SA trigger pull. I've shot CZ-75's for ever so it was a familiar platform to go with. I like my carry gun to have no other manual safety, just a half-cocked hammer. Always been a hammer-fired guy, too. Steel, as well.

It's accurate. Quite. More than I am. Hammer-forged barrel, it's a bit of a tank compared to other compact 9mm's.

You may know of this forum : http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it'll be biased as heck, but very informative.

You know, I've yet to shoot that SP-01. Owners rave about it. My old familiar full-size semi-auto is the CZ-75B. The RAMI 2075 BD has been my EDC since it really came out. The .40 in polymer had some early kinks a few yrs back. Those are all in the past, it seems, and CZ will take care of it anyhow.

Any other q's, feel free to contact me off-list or otherwise. Enjoy that SP-01... I'm curious of that Shadow.

:cool:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”