Fedex shipping depot puts up illegal sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lumberjack98 »

jimlongley wrote:I print them up, double sided on business card stock, and pass them out.
Cool. Do you sell them? If so, I'd be interested in buying some.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

I don't sell them, but most gun shops have a version, and the TSRA sells them online. http://www.tsra.com/sto/ban_card.htm
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

humblebyday
Posts in topic: 1

Post by humblebyday »

Gotta get me some of those.

Braden
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fedex shipping depot puts up illegal sign

Post by Braden »

HighVelocity wrote:I got to the main fedex shipping center in Fort Worth pretty regularly. Today however, I see a new "sticker" on the window next to the door. Looks like this one but has the words "no weapons" on it. :roll:

I don't really consider than an "illegal" sign. I just consider it to be a sign....and a sign that I can safely ignore at that. ;)

Edit: I just realized that I already replied to this thread a long time ago. :roll:
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

HankB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HankB »

To echo comments already posted, I don't consider such signs to be illegal . . . just meaningless, since they don't comply with the provisions of PC30.06.

I believe sometimes places knowingly put up non-compliant signs to placate the sheeple . . . since CHL holders know (or ought to know!!) what signage applies to them, I figure they're expected to continue carrying concealed.

I know of at least one gun shop that teaches CHL classes on-site, and still puts a (non-PC30.06 compliant) sign on the entrance that says "Absolutely no loaded guns!" I figure this is a heads-up to Joe Deerhunter who's bringing in a rifle to have a 'scope mounted or something, and maybe a subtle reminder to CHL holders that concealed MEANS concealed . . . no drawing in the store to show off your carry gun.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”