Renassance Festival

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Renassance Festival

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Crossfire wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:"Wife-Unit" wonders why I do not wear a Kilt more often...
Cause it drives the women wild.... "rlol"
Can you see me doing a match in a Kilt???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
psijac
Posts in topic: 4

Post by psijac »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
Crossfire wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:"Wife-Unit" wonders why I do not wear a Kilt more often...
Cause it drives the women wild.... "rlol"
Can you see me doing a match in a Kilt???

Taci-kilt?
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Dudley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dudley »

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I went to the Ren Fair just outside of Magnolia yesterday. All sorts of signs and notices regarding the restriction of firearms, but not a single 30.06 sign to be seen.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Renaissance of what? :mrgreen:

If you go to it, does that make you a...

...wait for it......

...renaissance man? "rlol"

I'm on a roll. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

I'm thinking of taking the wife and kid's and meeting the BIL/SIL and their family to Magnolia this weekend if it's nice out...I wanna see some chain-mail bikini's! :anamatedbanana :cheers2:

witchdoctor575
Posts in topic: 2

Post by witchdoctor575 »

went to renfest today, I saw no proper signage....

quoheleth

Post by quoheleth »

Bringing this one back...

ANyone heard of updates --- will it be correctly posted this year? Wife & kids want to go tomorrow (meh...).

I'll look for them and see what I can see & report back if/when we go. Would love another set of eyes on the ground, though, to comfirm what I am seeing or what I miss.

Q
Texas CHL received 07/24/09 and being used daily.

quoheleth

Post by quoheleth »

Just looked at their FAQ page:
http://www.texrenfest.com/dialup/pdf/Fr ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the Weapons Policy?We do not allow concealed weapons on Festival grounds. Any swords,
rapiers, edged or pointed, etc. that are worn as a part of your costume
MUST BE SHEATHED AND PEACE TIED. You can secure them with
leather straps or zip ties. No unsecured weapons will be allowed into the
Festival site.
Whether it is 30-06 posted or not, does this not give notice that concealed weapons are not welcome? Correct me if I am wrong, but this means that while not verboten per the state, if I am caught with my concealed weapon I can be prosecuted for armed tresspass?

Q

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

quoheleth wrote:Just looked at their FAQ page:
http://www.texrenfest.com/dialup/pdf/Fr ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the Weapons Policy?We do not allow concealed weapons on Festival grounds. Any swords,
rapiers, edged or pointed, etc. that are worn as a part of your costume
MUST BE SHEATHED AND PEACE TIED. You can secure them with
leather straps or zip ties. No unsecured weapons will be allowed into the
Festival site.
Whether it is 30-06 posted or not, does this not give notice that concealed weapons are not welcome? Correct me if I am wrong, but this means that while not verboten per the state, if I am caught with my concealed weapon I can be prosecuted for armed tresspass?

Q
Nope, it's not effective written notice under PC 30.06 because does not contain the language specified in the statute. Also, you have a DEFENSE to trespass under 30.05 if the reason for your exclusion from the property was your carrying under CHL.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Kythas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kythas »

Just so everyone knows, there's a huge 30.06 sign just to the right of the ticket booths. If you don't see it, you're not looking at all. It's about a 20 foot high permanent sign made from logs and the letters are burned into wood. The letters are about 2" high.

I've been to the Faire the last 3 years, and have been to the haunted house they put on every October. The sign has been there every year. It's a permanent fixture.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Kythas wrote:Just so everyone knows, there's a huge 30.06 sign just to the right of the ticket booths. If you don't see it, you're not looking at all. It's about a 20 foot high permanent sign made from logs and the letters are burned into wood. The letters are about 2" high.

I've been to the Faire the last 3 years, and have been to the haunted house they put on every October. The sign has been there every year. It's a permanent fixture.
Well that answers the question. Would be proper notice under 30.06. :oops:

I guess I'll just have to bring my poniard, dirk, or stiletto.... :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

quoheleth wrote:Whether it is 30-06 posted or not, does this not give notice that concealed weapons are not welcome? Correct me if I am wrong, but this means that while not verboten per the state, if I am caught with my concealed weapon I can be prosecuted for armed tresspass?
Are you saying a federal agent or HPD who goes to the festival with their family and carries concealed can be prosecuted for armed trespass?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

quoheleth

Post by quoheleth »

We went to the Plantersville Festival this morning. I looked in ticket booths and info booths outside the Festival and around the entry gates (we went in & out a few times, giving me plenty of opportunities to check). I didn't see any 30.06 signage anywhere. Their notice (see my earlier post) is on a large, white billboard to the left of the entry gates.

We had an OK time, but surrounded by guys with broadswords, dirks, and other sharps it was odd and a bit uncomfortable to only have a Swiss Army Knife. I missed my CCW. Glad to be home.

Q
Last edited by quoheleth on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankee Girl

Post by Yankee Girl »

Kythas wrote:Just so everyone knows, there's a huge 30.06 sign just to the right of the ticket booths. If you don't see it, you're not looking at all. It's about a 20 foot high permanent sign made from logs and the letters are burned into wood. The letters are about 2" high.

Kythas, are you talking about the Dallas-area event, Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie (held in May), or the Houston-area event, Renaissance Faire in Plantersville (October-November)? Sounds like you might be talking about the May event, as to my knowledge they don't do haunted houses in Plantersville and that would be right in the middle of their fair season to do so at Halloween.
Courage is just Fear that has said its prayers -
-- Maya Angelou

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”