Need Help w/question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LINCHPIN
Posts in topic: 1

Need Help w/question

Post by LINCHPIN »

Forgive me if I placed this in the wrong area, But does involve my CHL.

It,s 5:45 pm 07/01/05 . I just recieved two Subpoenas. And I'm a witness for the state.
Now the question, Do I need to get a lawer or is the DA going to be the lawer. I tried to call but just a voice mail .
Always remember,
SHOOT TO LIVE
NEVER SHOOT TO KILL

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association
Member of NRA

Chris

Re: Need Help w/question

Post by Chris »

LINCHPIN wrote:Forgive me if I placed this in the wrong area, But does involve my CHL.

It,s 5:45 pm 07/01/05 . I just recieved two Subpoenas. And I'm a witness for the state.
Now the question, Do I need to get a lawer or is the DA going to be the lawer. I tried to call but just a voice mail .
if you were given a sub peona from the state as a witness, you don't need your own attorney. once you get to the court house, you'll meet with the prosecutor. the prosecutor will walk you through what they're going to ask, what the defense may try to do, etc. no sweat. i've been in court plenty of times.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Being a witness for the state doesn't necessarily mean you're not in trouble, nor that you can't get yourself in trouble on the stand.

If any aspect of what you're testifying about could even possibly implicate you, or could be made to look like you've done something criminal, then consulting an attorney would be a good idea.

Kevin

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

Good luck LINCHPIN!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”