Restaurant Scenario

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Restaurant Scenario

Post by Oldgringo »

MoJo wrote:I consider a gunbuster as a "you're not welcome" sign and stay away. The shopkeeper's intent is "no guns" so I will "no money" them. There is very little available at posted (both valid and invalid) establishments you can't find elsewhere.
My local hospital/medical facility has a "gunbuster sign" whereas the other local hospital/medical facility has a valid 30.06 sign. My facility's sign of choice does not apply to me; however, if a nurse, doctor or a registration clerk saw my CW and told me my gun wasn't allowed, I'd di di mau to the parking lot and bleed to death...or something. :smilelol5:

Seriously, we're now back to the old CHL truism; i.e., "concealed is concealed". ITMT, the "gunbuster sign" doesn't apply to this CH licensee. :cool:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Interesting Test. I first will submit the following test subject pictures.

Four guys sitting there. I asked them what's in my pocket.... I got one who said nothing ... one said cell phone.... even though he was holding my cell phone taking the pics.... one said wallet and the other said car keys.

They said ...so what is it... I said wallet...LOL. They said...yeah that's what it looked like. i asked... would you have noticed it if I had not have ask you to point at it and take a pic... they said no.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

Oldgringo wrote:
MoJo wrote:I consider a gunbuster as a "you're not welcome" sign and stay away. The shopkeeper's intent is "no guns" so I will "no money" them. There is very little available at posted (both valid and invalid) establishments you can't find elsewhere.
My local hospital/medical facility has a "gunbuster sign" whereas the other local hospital/medical facility has a valid 30.06 sign. My facility's sign of choice does not apply to me; however, if a nurse, doctor or a registration clerk saw my CW and told me my gun wasn't allowed, I'd di di mau to the parking lot and bleed to death...or something. :smilelol5:

Seriously, we're now back to the old CHL truism; i.e., "concealed is concealed". ITMT, the "gunbuster sign" doesn't apply to this CH licensee. :cool:
All you speak is true Oldgringo. I wouldn't let a gunbuster sign stop me from entering a business if I had need of their goods/services and there were no alternatives I'm saying if the welcome mat isn't out (gunbuster) why do business with someone who doesn't want you in their place of business.

BTW it's been beaucoup years since I heard or read di di mau! I was in country '67-'68 with the First Cavalry, you? :patriot:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

MoJo wrote: BTW it's been beaucoup years since I heard or read di di mau! I was in country '67-'68 with the First Cavalry, you? :patriot:
Just curious. Were you up and around northern I Corps north of Hue? Our firebase (Camp Evans) was a 1st Cav base a few years prior to '69. it's the base that the ammo dump blew up during your time. We were 101st.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

It might depend on whether I paid for my meal before hand.
If I had not paid, I would leave promptly without paying. If I had paid I would ask for my money back.
There would certainly be no tip involved. I would not speak harshly, or impolitely
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Mojo asked:

...it's been beaucoup years since I heard or read di di mau! I was in country '67-'68 with the First Cavalry, you?
No, I was a 24 year old full time student with a pregnant wife when my number came up as 1-A in 1966. I sometimes feel like I missed something by not being there. OTOH, I'm alive and have use of my faculties. :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”