Restaurant Scenario

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Restaurant Scenario

Post by WildBill »

Although this scenario occurs in Texas, it was inspired by the recent Costco shooting in Las Vegas.

Let's say you are very hungry for a burger. You have a $20 bill in your pocket and see a little diner that looks inviting. As you approach the diner you see a "Gun Buster" sign on the door. Even though you are carrying, you know that the sign is not valid, so you go inside, sit down and order lunch.

The waitress brings you your cheese burger and you take a big bite. When you raise your right hand to wipe off your mouth onto your shirt sleeve, your shirt tail lifts, exposing the handle of your handgun. The waitress sees your gun and reports it to the manager.

The manager comes over and says "We don't allow guns in the restaurant. Please leave."

What do you do?
NRA Endowment Member

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Restaurant Scenario

Post by seniorshooteress »

Ask for a doggie bag and get the heck outta there.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The manager comes over and says "We don't allow guns in the restaurant. Please leave."
You've been given verbal warning. You are required to leave. Go, and never give them any of your money again.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Leave, with as little fuss as possible.

Manfred
Banned

Post by Manfred »

Leave, and next time use a napkin and not expose the gun I am supposed to be hiding.

blue

Post by blue »

???Wipe with left arm ???
:evil2:

(order 'to go' ?)

tauruspt145

Post by tauruspt145 »

I would leave but only if my jedi mind trick didn't work ....*moves hand over waitress face...you did not see me expose my gun* :mrgreen:

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

seniorshooteress wrote:Ask for a doggie bag and get the heck outta there.
:iagree:

But I would contact the restaurant later, remind them of the incident and inform them that no only would I never set foot in their establishment but neither would any of my buddies. They need to know that their position is costing them business.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

psijac

Post by psijac »

WildBill wrote: The manager comes over and says "We don't allow guns in the restaurant. Please leave."
Unlikely. The manager would lock himself in the back office and wait the prerequisite 10-20 minutes for the police to arrive, praying in his mind they bring a SWAT team. I can finish a burger and fries in about 15 minutes so I would politely pay for my meal and leave before the police get there and without realizing anything is amiss
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Thank them for their hospitality, pay the bill, ask for a doggie bag, and leave.

And never return.

I do not stay where I am not wanted. I do not return to anywhere I have been asked to leave, and I do not cause bad feelings. How would that help?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

blue

Post by blue »

:iagree:

Bravo - Crossfire,
Well Said,

:cheers2:

Best Regards,
Blue

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

WildBill wrote:The manager comes over and says "We don't allow guns in the restaurant. Please leave."

What do you do?
That's oral notice. I would obey the law and leave.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I too would leave but first I would inform them that I have a CHL which permits me by law to carry concealed. If they didn't understand what a CHL was and still wanted me to leave, well.... I would leave.

I don't think it would go down this way. I think it is more likely they would call the cops and report a customer in the resteraunt with a gun. Hopefully they don't blow it out of proportion when they call. Then I would show the police my CHL and hope he understood the law. That is if I am not in Round Rock Texas, where I would probably get gunned down in a hail of police gun fire...LOL. Hopefully, I would get to finish my fries before they arrive. i hate wasting food.

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

1- this would not happen to me since I always sit with my weapon to the inside of the booth so that in event of a robbery, if I decide to intervene, I can draw my weapon without any movement being detected.

2- if asked to leave, since this constitutes effective notice I would leave, in doing so I would politely wish them well and remind them only the law abiding will be affected by their policy. Their gun free zone is a invitation for those who are not law abiding.. good luck, good ridance.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
You've been given verbal warning. You are required to leave. Go, and never give them any of your money again.
You are required to leave but are you required to pay for a burger that has suddenly turned into a bitter vetch on your tongue? I think the eviction notice is immediate and does not allow a stop at the cash register; especially, if you left the {stinky} on the table. OTOH, if this occurs at a fast food joint where one pays before eating, the payment question is moot. The di di mau question is not.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”