Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Andiceman
Posts in topic: 2

Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington

Post by Andiceman »

Headed to Six Flags this weekend with my wife and kids. I understand that I cannot carry in the park itself (30.06 plus the amusement park prohibition), but wanted to be sure I was okay to leave it secure in the car. Has anyone been lately? Is the parking lot posted 30.06, and would that even apply since it is generally okay to have on in your car?

Thanks!

dicion
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington

Post by dicion »

Andiceman wrote:Headed to Six Flags this weekend with my wife and kids. I understand that I cannot carry in the park itself (30.06 plus the amusement park prohibition), but wanted to be sure I was okay to leave it secure in the car. Has anyone been lately? Is the parking lot posted 30.06, and would that even apply since it is generally okay to have on in your car?

Thanks!
The amusement park prohibition is no longer in effect. They have to have a 30.06, which, from what I'm told, they do. I just wanted to inform you that merely being an amusement park does not ban CHL Carry there.
PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE
HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally,
knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority
of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of
whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's
person:
(5) in an amusement park; or
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
Gotta keep reading down to (i)

Same applies to Hospitals, Churches, & Government meetings. Gotta post that 30.06 :thumbs2:

RiveraRa

Post by RiveraRa »

I like carrying into Sea World. They have people searching your bags but not your body ;)

I think I remember having to go through a metal detector at Six Flags San Antonio though. No 30.06 but my sun glasses set it off. Not sure.
01/10/2009 - CHL class
06/16/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/18/2009 - Paperwork Received
06/25/2009 - Money Order Cashed
07/15/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed
09/05/2009 - Plastic in Hand
Current Status: License in hand!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RiveraRa wrote:I like carrying into Sea World. They have people searching your bags but not your body ;)
Sea World is posted with 30.06. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32772&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

RiveraRa wrote:I like carrying into Sea World. They have people searching your bags but not your body ;)

I think I remember having to go through a metal detector at Six Flags San Antonio though. No 30.06 but my sun glasses set it off. Not sure.
There is also a 30.06 at Six Flags in San Antonio.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

There are metal detectors at Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington). They won't let you bring a knife in, and they would probably be more than happy to give you verbal notice that you can't bring in your handgun.
"Speed is fine accuracy is final."
-Wyatt Earp

"Great danger lies in the notion we can reason with evil."
-Winston Churchill

And the wind shall say 'Here were decent godless people'. Their only monument the asphalt road and a thousand lost golf balls.
-T.S Elliot

karl

Post by karl »

Zoomie wrote:There are metal detectors at Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington). They won't let you bring a knife in, and they would probably be more than happy to give you verbal notice that you can't bring in your handgun.
:iagree:
Went there last weekend and left mine in the car. Tried to bring a knife in and had to check it.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Andiceman wrote:Headed to Six Flags this weekend with my wife and kids. I understand that I cannot carry in the park itself (30.06 plus the amusement park prohibition), but wanted to be sure I was okay to leave it secure in the car. Has anyone been lately? Is the parking lot posted 30.06, and would that even apply since it is generally okay to have on in your car?

Thanks!
Parking lot's not posted 30.06, but there is a big 30.06 sign just to the left of the metal detectors when you enter the park.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Carry your pepper spray, flashlite and a cane. I have a ifie ankle and I always keep a cane in my SUV for these non CHL places. ADA and Fed Medical laws forbid them asking about the cane; unless they want a Fed lawsuit. Check out my cane thread over on The High Road. :patriot: :txflag: :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

CodeJockey

Post by CodeJockey »

When I was in high school / college, I worked at Six Flags - Arlington in rides. Every single year we'd find 2-3 guns left behind on the seat. Almost always from off-duty police officers who didn't realize that their firearm was missing until a little bit later. It's unbelievable how irresponsible they were.
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

Deltaboy wrote:Carry your pepper spray, flashlite and a cane. I have a ifie ankle and I always keep a cane in my SUV for these non CHL places. ADA and Fed Medical laws forbid them asking about the cane; unless they want a Fed lawsuit. Check out my cane thread over on The High Road. :patriot: :txflag: :tiphat:
The cane was my weapon of choice when I began martial arts so many years back. A truly great weapon indeed. As you stated DB, you can take it where ever you go.

Topic author
Andiceman

Post by Andiceman »

Kythas wrote:

Thanks!
Parking lot's not posted 30.06, but there is a big 30.06 sign just to the left of the metal detectors when you enter the park.
Thanks, Khthas, that's exactly the information I needed.

Thanks to everyone else for their thoughts as well!

RiveraRa

Post by RiveraRa »

pbwalker wrote:

There is also a 30.06 at Six Flags in San Antonio.
Sorry, I mispoke. I didnt have my CHL when I went to Six Flags last. Just meant to say that I remembered going through the metal detectors.
pbwalker wrote:Sea World is posted with 30.06...
Last time I went it wasnt. But it looks like it has changed recently. I will have to remember that for my next trip. Thanks!
01/10/2009 - CHL class
06/16/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/18/2009 - Paperwork Received
06/25/2009 - Money Order Cashed
07/15/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed
09/05/2009 - Plastic in Hand
Current Status: License in hand!

steve817

Post by steve817 »

The last time I was there they had metal detectors, they found my knife and I either had to go take it to my car or leave it with security. I chose to check it in with security instead of walking a mile back to my car. You may be able to check your gun. I know they did that at Astro World in Houston when it was still open.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

late

Post by late »

Kythas wrote:

Thanks!
There is a 30.06 sign posted in the parking lot, it's right after you pay for parking to the right of the booths.
Deltaboy wrote:Carry your pepper spray, flashlite and a cane. I have a ifie ankle and I always keep a cane in my SUV for these non CHL places. ADA and Fed Medical laws forbid them asking about the cane; unless they want a Fed lawsuit. Check out my cane thread over on The High Road. :patriot: :txflag: :tiphat:
They won't let you bring in the pepper spray, you either have to check it or take it back to your vehicle.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”