Uh where do I get the arrest info I have forgotten...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jeremae
Posts in topic: 3

Uh where do I get the arrest info I have forgotten...

Post by Jeremae »

I have been arrested (booked and fingerprinted right?) 2 or 3 times for failure to appear on traffic tickets and once for Possesion of an unlawful weapon (class C misdemeanor) but have no records of my own and can't really remember details (like even year as last time was in 1997 I think on a failure to appear). Where do I get the info so I can list these on my app?

Once by Houston Police Department and booked at City Jail (failure to appear)

1 or 2 times by Village Police department (Poss of Unlawful weapon and maybe a failure to appear) actually booked and fingerprinted at Harris County jail

1 or 2 times by Harris county Sherrif department (failure to appear) booked and fingerprinted at Harris County jail.

I actually read the Knife laws (and asked my lawyer about) instead of asking police officer and never again carried a double edged knife that was less than 5 inchs in length and now pay my traffic tickets as soon as possible.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

txinvestigator

Re: Uh where do I get the arrest info I have forgotten...

Post by txinvestigator »

Jeremae wrote:I have been arrested (booked and fingerprinted right?) 2 or 3 times for failure to appear on traffic tickets and once for Possesion of an unlawful weapon (class C misdemeanor) but have no records of my own and can't really remember details (like even year as last time was in 1997 I think on a failure to appear). Where do I get the info so I can list these on my app?
For charges filed in a Municipal or JP court you would find the records there.

For the failure to appear, it would depend upon what charge you failed to appear. If it was a traffic ticket, then the Municipal or JP court. If it was for another charge, then I would look at the County Clerk's office.

1 or 2 times by Village Police department (Poss of Unlawful weapon and maybe a failure to appear) actually booked and fingerprinted at Harris County jail
There is no charge in Texas of Possession of an unlawful weapon. Perhaps you were charged with Unlawful Carrying a Weapon. If it was for carrying an illegal knife, well that charge is a Class A Misdemeanor. You would find that disposition at the County Clerks office.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Sorry... The charge as read in court was "Posession of an Unlawful Weapon, misdemeanor Class C"

The knife was not concealed.

This was over 20 years ago.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Jeremae wrote:Sorry... The charge as read in court was "Posession of an Unlawful Weapon, misdemeanor Class C"

Was it some local charge? I was a cop 20 years ago, and there was no such state law.

Regardless, it was a LONNNNNNG time ago, an should not be an issue for you. Hope you get your license quickly.
*CHL Instructor*

rastalavista
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rastalavista »

txinvestigator wrote:
Jeremae wrote:Sorry... The charge as read in court was "Posession of an Unlawful Weapon, misdemeanor Class C"

Was it some local charge? I was a cop 20 years ago, and there was no such state law.

Regardless, it was a LONNNNNNG time ago, an should not be an issue for you. Hope you get your license quickly.
I know this is an old post, but I have a question txinvestigator. Are you saying "it was a long time ago, so don't put it on your app", or "it was a long time ago, and put it on your app, but it won't matter".

I am actually facing this same problem of finding all of my history re: arrests. They were all for failure to appear for speeding tickets, and all happened around 10 years ago when I was young and stupid.

I sent off for criminal history from Austin via DPS regional office and a fingerprint card. It came back as "No Criminal Record".

thanks, you seem to know alot about this

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

rastalavista wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:

I know this is an old post, but I have a question txinvestigator. Are you saying "it was a long time ago, so don't put it on your app", or "it was a long time ago, and put it on your app, but it won't matter".

I am actually facing this same problem of finding all of my history re: arrests. They were all for failure to appear for speeding tickets, and all happened around 10 years ago when I was young and stupid.

I sent off for criminal history from Austin via DPS regional office and a fingerprint card. It came back as "No Criminal Record".

Failure to disclose will result in a denial and 2 years before you can reapply.

Misdemeanors will only keep you from getting your license for 5 years from the date of conviction.

Put everything you can remember on your app.
*CHL Instructor*

rastalavista
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rastalavista »

txinvestigator wrote:
rastalavista wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:

Failure to disclose will result in a denial and 2 years before you can reapply.

Misdemeanors will only keep you from getting your license for 5 years from the date of conviction.

Put everything you can remember on your app.
thanks!

Topic author
Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Well I finally went down to Harris County Court House and got my Arrest and Disposition summary to include with my app...

It was a Class A Misdemeanor but charge reads:

Weapon, Possesion of

I guess by that they mean UCW.

Target1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Target1911 »

As far as arrest for speeding tickets......I just went through this a few months back.....You must go to each city you were arrested in and ask them for the date and charge. Some will give it to you over the phone but some will not. Just tell them ALL YOU NEED is the DATE and CHARGE you were arrested for, it can be hand written from them because you must write it down on the CHL form.
I got the run around when I went to get my arrest dates. One person said I need to go here....went there and was told to go back where i was....just big circle...then I just decided to go to each city PD and asked for the records and had no problems gettin them that way. I was able to get this info over the phone on one(the only time I tried to call one....wish I would have thought of that sooner....lol

GOOD LUCK
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”