yes
3%
no
97%

Total votes: 86

Diode
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Diode »

1TallTXn wrote:When I took the CHL class the instructor had them for sale and said they weren't a bad idea.

his reasoning was that if your in a sticky situation and the cops show up, they are less likely to shoot the guy with the badge then the gun w/o.

IMO, if the gun comes out they are probably going to know who the bad guy is. He's the dead one.
Naaa, To a LEO everyone is a bad guy until they sort it out, badge is still a bad idea.

Jacob Staff
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jacob Staff »

isa268 wrote:haha i voted yes just to be funny and i see someone else has my sense of humor. :lol:
I went through 4 pages to find out who voted for badges. I thought they would have a better argument than :smilelol5:

I guess now I have to get a badge for PCS day, can I open carry my cap gun too?
TXDPSA TSRA NRA

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

1TallTXn wrote:When I took the CHL class the instructor had them for sale and said they weren't a bad idea.
sounds like a good SALES pitch. :thumbsup:
his reasoning was that if your in a sticky situation and the cops show up, they are less likely to shoot the guy with the badge then the gun w/o.
as a former cop, I can tell you that is poor reasoning. ;)
IMO, if the gun comes out they are probably going to know who the bad guy is. He's the dead one.
like diode wrote, that is not a safe bet either. The guy with the gun is a threat to the cop until he proves to himself otherwise.

war story time
My partner and I were dispatched to a fight in the street. Upon arrival there were 2 guys fighting in the street, and a man standing across the street with a pistol. I recognized him from the city attorney's office, but until I knew the situation he was our biggest threat.

We called for additional units, disarmed, cuffed and stuffed him, then handed the fight.

Ultimately he was released at the scene, but had he not immediately complied with my orders to put his gun down I would have drilled him.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Blazen

Post by Blazen »

dpatterson wrote:For what its worth. I really do not want anyone to know that I am carrying... Why attract unneeded attention?

DP
:iagree:

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skipper5 »

Diode wrote:

Naaa, To a LEO everyone is a bad guy until they sort it out, badge is still a bad idea.
agree...in a crisis situation that only adds potential misinformation to an already stressed LEO....put yourself in his/her shoes on tht one...
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Everyone is thinking about the LEO, but I want to remind everyone the Bad Guys like to shoot people with badges.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good point.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

Well, I reckon we've put this truck up on blocks.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

Lonegun1894

Post by Lonegun1894 »

I voted no as did most of you, so dont hang me just yet. I have talked to several DPS troopers who said they agree with us wearing badges, as has been said above, for the sake of if something does happen, they are less likely to shoot us if we are showing them a badge in a high stress situation. I can see their logic. At the same time, i figure that i wont drop someone unless they do something stupid like point a weapon at me, and would hope most LEOs feel the same way. And with my luck, the last thing i wanna do is reach for something when an officer is approaching in a situation like this anyways. I wouldnt really blame him for reacting if i made a fast move to get out my wallet, much less something metallic.
Paul
Paul
USN/USMC '00-'05
CHL/NRA/Hunter Safety instructor
TCLEOSE

Houston1944

Post by Houston1944 »

I think the only thing left is for Longtooth to show us his Moderator's Badge and put this puppy to sleep.
I have as much use for CHL Badges as I do for Tee Shirts that state, NYPD, FBI, Tactical Entry Team, SWAT, ect and are being worn by non- LEO's.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I lost it. I will have to use my CHL. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

:deadhorse:

nuff said
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I cain't stand it no mo!!!

This is just killin' me...I know I'm going to start having nightmares about badges... :smilelol5:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

1TallTXn

Post by 1TallTXn »

Russell wrote:1talltxn: Who was the instructor for your class? I would like to know because that is an absolutely horrible idea and he/she should have their instructor certificate revoked just because of that.
Carl Chandler. I was very happy with the instruction and the information given.

http://www.carlchandler.com

The arguments he gave made sense to me, but I didn't want to A) spend the money. and B) advertise that I was carrying. not to mention its something else to strap on
Taurus PT-111MP
Springfield XD-9 Service

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”