iPhone app? Yay or Nay?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: iPhone app? Yay or Nay?

Post by C-dub »

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it would work unless it were GPS enabled. Otherwise it would know where it was to know what was around it. Therefore, it would also probably have to be linked to Google maps or earth.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

dicion
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dicion »

Simply have an app that pulls up a map, of your current location, with tacks showing all 51% or 30.06 posted locations in your vicinity (different color tacks)
'clicking' on a tack gives you name, address, type of posting, date it was last verified, and the option to remove or change it.

In the information section, have 4 kinds of postings:
-Valid 30.06
-InValid 30.06
-Valid 51%
-Invalid 51%
-Other (Federal, Court, etc etc etc)
With a description box to detail location, reason for validity/invalidity, other details.

If one person opts to 'remove' or 'change' the posting, it goes from 'confirmed' to 'unverified' status.
The second person opting to 'remove' or 'change' it once its in unverified status, actually does so.

Have an option on the map itself to add a new location
Have an option that says 'Current location' (As you will probably be standing in the doorway when you want to add it) Or 'enter an address'
Add in name, optional address (required if not at 'current location) type of posting, and description box.

I think you can see where I'm going with this. ;)

Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kythas »

How about an Android app? :biggrinjester:
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

eyesoftexas

Post by eyesoftexas »

You could make it something like FourSquare. I think they're an Austin startup. Basically, same idea except folks who have the app generate the content when they visit a business... rating it 30.06, 51%, etc.

I'd definitely use it.

kidder014

Post by kidder014 »

Kythas wrote:How about an Android app? :biggrinjester:
:iagree: :iagree:

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Kythas wrote:How about an Android app? :biggrinjester:
I know nothing about making apps for android, I might have to take the initiative and learn.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”