Why I carry, even in the house

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Shorts
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Why I carry, even in the house

Post by Shorts »

MadMonkey wrote:
My doorbell on my rent house quit working and I was seriously considering wiring up a car horn to the button instead. I wonder how many heart attacks that would cause... :smilelol5:
lol I had to giggle at this. I've 'honked' myself when working on my bike and the gear switch. It would be funny watching an unsuspecting person do that to themselves "rlol"

There's some funny ideas in this thread; might have to try them.
Don't Mess with Texas Women

2/15/09 - Class Date
3/18/09 - PIN Assigned, Processing App
8/07/09 - Plastic in hand

Morgan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Morgan »

I've done that too...and I have a Stebel air horn on my bike so "honking" myself is a pretty serious incident! :shock: :banghead:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Here's what I want playing from my doorbell:

http://www.thepocket.com/wavs/25shotgun25.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

Keith B wrote:Here's what I want playing from my doorbell:

http://www.thepocket.com/wavs/25shotgun25.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
:shock: ! Remind me just to knock when I come to your house to visit. "rlol"
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Mhoward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mhoward »

I always carry mine until I sit down to watch TV for the night then I put it next to me since it is easier to grab if something does ever happen. I have a surefire tac light that is sitting in my bedroom, I would like to keep it on at all times but it is hard to find a holster that will accomodate it and my M&P so my maglite in one hand works just as well.
I have never thought of a burglar going to the nightstand and grabbing my pistol (great input though) but about a year ago I took an old pistol holster and flashlite holster and mounted it to the wall behind my bed where I can grab them without moving around to much if someone is in the house. My wife never liked the idea up until a few weeks ago when we heard something that sounded like someone coming through the garage (I knew it was one of our dogs right away cause she wasn't in the bedroom). My wife freaked out and started grabbing me and hiding behind me, I decided to play a game with her and told her that I left my gun in the garage with the key to the gun safe where all of my other guns are. Right away she smacked me and called me stupid. I laughed and grabbed the flashlight and pointed it at the bedroom door where our dog was just sitting there staring at us. At least now I know that if someone does break in I am going have to fight my wife off me before I can get the intruder.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPB »

Mhoward wrote:I always carry mine until I sit down to watch TV for the night then I put it next to me since it is easier to grab if something does ever happen. I have a surefire tac light that is sitting in my bedroom, I would like to keep it on at all times but it is hard to find a holster that will accomodate it and my M&P so my maglite in one hand works just as well.
I have never thought of a burglar going to the nightstand and grabbing my pistol (great input though) but about a year ago I took an old pistol holster and flashlite holster and mounted it to the wall behind my bed where I can grab them without moving around to much if someone is in the house. My wife never liked the idea up until a few weeks ago when we heard something that sounded like someone coming through the garage (I knew it was one of our dogs right away cause she wasn't in the bedroom). My wife freaked out and started grabbing me and hiding behind me, I decided to play a game with her and told her that I left my gun in the garage with the key to the gun safe where all of my other guns are. Right away she smacked me and called me stupid. I laughed and grabbed the flashlight and pointed it at the bedroom door where our dog was just sitting there staring at us. At least now I know that if someone does break in I am going have to fight my wife off me before I can get the intruder.
Yeah, I can't recall which forum, but I believe "Shorts" posted about a freind of hers who awoke to a man holding her own nightstand gun on her, he had already gone through the rest of the house collecting guns, and that woke her. She pretended to still be asleep, since there was no way to fight him at that point, and she was ok, but how scarey is that?

I'm sure burglars check nightstands for guns ...

I need to sew a "pillow holster"

I used to have a waterbed with a hidden compartment in the headboard ....

I'm rigging a car horn to the nightstand drawer with magnetic electrical switches .... like Alarm companies use for Windows/doors

SURPRISE Mr. BURGLAR, ... now, go get the wet vaccuum and clean where you were standing. :totap:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

I do carry in my house and I have a weapon in each room of my house. There is virtually no part of the house where I cant get to a weapon if my front door comes down.

I have posted on this before but 8 months ago my next door neighbhor had her front door kicked completely over, off the dead bolt, and off the hinges laying flat on the carpet. It happened at 9 pm on a Tuesday evening. They ransacked her house.

That crime affected me adversely even to this day.

To make carrying in the house fun I have done the following, I have a western style bath robe I wear at night, with moccasin slippers, a Ted Nugent cowboy hat and I strap my glock on the bathrobe ties and walk around the house. I look entirely crazy and my wife just rolls her eyes but its good stuff.
6th Generation Texan

KFP

Post by KFP »

texas1234 wrote: To make carrying in the house fun I have done the following, I have a western style bath robe I wear at night, with moccasin slippers, a Ted Nugent cowboy hat and I strap my glock on the bathrobe ties and walk around the house. I look entirely crazy and my wife just rolls her eyes but its good stuff.
Any pictures? :lol:
Life Member NRA & TSRA

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

KFP wrote:
texas1234 wrote: To make carrying in the house fun I have done the following, I have a western style bath robe I wear at night, with moccasin slippers, a Ted Nugent cowboy hat and I strap my glock on the bathrobe ties and walk around the house. I look entirely crazy and my wife just rolls her eyes but its good stuff.
Please NO ! :shock:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

KFP

Post by KFP »

USA1 wrote:
KFP wrote:
I think it would make for a great avatar!
Life Member NRA & TSRA

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

KFP wrote:
USA1 wrote:
KFP wrote:
I think it would make for a great avatar!
However, it might also be an affront to God and man.

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

Do not be afraid my friends to begin the transformation.

Excersing your 2nd Ammendment right is only one part of the equation, psyhological warfare is also a must in any home defense situation.

Wear it with a western bath robe and Red Head camo mocassins from Bass Pro, or just wear it in your birthday suit. In either case, any would be attacker will know you mean business! God Bless Texas! :txflag:

http://www.store.livenation.com/Product ... CHNUG36082
6th Generation Texan

Napier

Post by Napier »

I pack all the time, openly inside, concealed outside so as not to disturb the neighbors. I also change it up all the time to force myself to remember how each one works. Why? Because the only really effective home defense weapon IMO is a 12 gauge defense shotgun. The handgun just assures me that I can get to one of the two which are strategically placed.

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

I prefer the comfort of sweatpants or PJ lounge pants when I'm at home, and I don't keep readily dischargeable guns in drawers, since I have a 7 year old. I've considered adding a shoulder holster to my collection, just for ease in comfortable home carry.

I haven't gotten around to that yet. I need to.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I even carry in the shower. That's why God made stainless steel. :smilelol5:

Just kidding.... ....I don't take showers. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”