Armed Home Invasion just west of range

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 3

Armed Home Invasion just west of range

Post by Greybeard »

Been out of town and unable to post until today. My first knowledge of this "incident" was when Deputy called to see if our cameras happened to have picked up anything related. The entrance to Canyon Oaks is just one block from the entrance driveway to our range. Wednesday morning I had e-mail from a non-gun owner in that neighborhood (minimum 1 acre lots) who now wants to be ....

from http://www.lantanalinks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man and woman tied up in home burglary
A Canyon Oaks couple was the victim of a brazen home invasion burglary last Tuesday night.

The incident occurred in the 100 block of Eagles Nest Circle around 10:30 p.m. Police said that shortly after the couple had returned home from being out of town and was preparing to go to bed, four men - dressed in dark clothing and gloves with their faces covered - barged into their bedroom from an adjoining hallway.

One of the intruders was armed with a handgun and two others were carrying mop handles. The men threatened the couple with bodily injury and forced the male victim to open a safe in the bedroom closet while the house was ransacked. The couple was then instructed to lie on the bed, where their hands and feet were bound with neckties taken from the master bedroom closet.

The men spent an hour ransacking the home and fled, possibly in a light colored Ford Explorer that the couple had noticed parked on the street in front of their house when they arrived home earlier.

Among the items taken were a flat screen TV, an antique table, two laptop computers, a video camera and a DVD player, along with a large amount of cash and jewelry from the safe.

Police believe that the intruders entered the home though an unlocked balcony window on the second floor.

No injuries were reported by either victim.

The couple told police that they believed the intruders were Hispanic, as they communicated with each other in Spanish. The female victim said that the voice of one of the men sounded familiar, but she could not recall from where.

The Denton County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call the Sheriff's Department at (940) 349-1660 or 1-800-388-TIPS (8477).
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Armed Home Invasion just west of range

Post by lrb111 »

possibly in a light colored Ford Explorer that the couple had noticed parked on the street in front of their house when they arrived home earlier.

maybe it's just me......
Glad they escaped with their health intact.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Wanna place bets on their immigration status? :waiting:

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

Greybeard wrote:.. Deputy called to see if our cameras happened to have picked up anything related. The entrance to Canyon Oaks is just one block from the entrance driveway to our range.
Did your camera pick up anything that was noteworthy?

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Not that I can comment on here.

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Wanna place bets on their immigration status? :waiting:
Does it matter? A Mayflower descendent who invades your home, ties you up, and steals your stuff is just as dangerous as someone who just sneaked across the border.

heliguy972

Post by heliguy972 »

I live right across the road in Flower Mound. This is the 3rd or 4th situation like this recently so I moved a couple of guns out of the safe upstairs and strategically located them around the house. Also for the first time I'm seriously considering activating the home alarm system...The thought of another monthly fee vs. this story and the one @ the Christian man shooting the crook in his garage and his alarm was off....What's the world coming to!

This is also a GREAT reminder about assuming one is safe after they get home, close and lock the door.

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Another great "alarm" that also give some of us comfort is a dog that barks when someone unknown comes onto "their turf". Altho even little yippy dogs can have more of a "monthy fee" than most alarm systems. ;-)

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

Flower Mound this is Houston...yes there is nothing irrational about your behavior or preparation...thanks for joining the rest of us...over and out.....
6th Generation Texan

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Greybeard wrote:Another great "alarm" that also give some of us comfort is a dog that barks when someone unknown comes onto "their turf". Altho even little yippy dogs can have more of a "monthy fee" than most alarm systems. ;-)
I would not take anything for our 125lb retriever that loves his territory. I trust him more than I do our alarm system.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”