Renassance Festival

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Renassance Festival

Post by Purplehood »

The Badger531 wrote:it is a 30.06 area My girlFriend emailed them and she got a reply saying that concealed fireams are NOT ALLOWED will be going to the ren Fest this comming weekend...we hope will let ya know IF it is posted 30.06

The Badger531
That is not the same as having a valid 30.06 sign posted, except for her since she actually now has gotten notice.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Purplehood wrote:
The Badger531 wrote:it is a 30.06 area My girlFriend emailed them and she got a reply saying that concealed fireams are NOT ALLOWED will be going to the ren Fest this comming weekend...we hope will let ya know IF it is posted 30.06

The Badger531
That is not the same as having a valid 30.06 sign posted, except for her since she actually now has gotten notice.
I am not sure if email legally constitutes verbal notice, and, even if it does, is the person who responded officially able to give verbal notice?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Keith B wrote:
Purplehood wrote:

The Badger531
I am not sure if email legally constitutes verbal notice, and, even if it does, is the person who responded officially able to give verbal notice?
It all depends on how honest we are being with ourselves here. I simply wouldn't have asked in the first place.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Purplehood wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Purplehood wrote:

The Badger531
It all depends on how honest we are being with ourselves here. I simply wouldn't have asked in the first place.
Guess I don't follow the 'how honest' part. I don't disagree about not asking in the first place, but if email doesn't constitute verbal notice or the person is just some webmaster that has no true say-so over the festival and rules, then it is not legally binding. I can tell you to not carry there, but that doesn't carry any weight.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

My "assumption" from the post is that the girlfriend received an e-mail from "someone" at the Renaissance Fair. I would simply consider that response as being a valid source when it comes to notice. Just how deeply are you willing to get into who is authorized and who is not authorized to give you verbal notice? Why mess with it in the first place?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

psijac wrote:I went yesterday to the one in plantersville, no 30.06 signs posted also there were not as many chainmail bikinis as my friends suggested.

The festival has been cleaned up a lot in recent years.
Byron Dickens

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

Chip wrote:
ammo two wrote:I believe the OP is referring to the one in Plantersville. I went last weekend, didn't notice any signs but I wasn't looking for them as I'm still am waiting for some news on my application.
Just got back from the Renaissance Festival in Plantersville. There is not an 'official' 30.06 sign, but there is a very clear sign at the entrance to the effect of "the King prohibits any concealed weapons" or something similar. It then goes on to talk about various knives. It doesn't mention firearms specifically.

Sorry, but the Texas State legislature has preemption even over the King.
Byron Dickens

dicion
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dicion »

Purplehood wrote:My "assumption" from the post is that the girlfriend received an e-mail from "someone" at the Renaissance Fair. I would simply consider that response as being a valid source when it comes to notice. Just how deeply are you willing to get into who is authorized and who is not authorized to give you verbal notice? Why mess with it in the first place?
Thing is.. unless they sent it to you in an audio recording.. email isn't verbal. it's written :mrgreen:

Written notice needs to have the proper verbage as required under 30.06, so even if the king himself emails you (OOC?) It's not binding.

Also, everyone, please do not go asking and possibly tempting them to put up the correct signage. I am planning on attending this year, and if they put up a proper sign because someone decided to 'inform' them, I will be very :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

They are the kind of organization that WILL put up the proper signage if informed of it. So DON'T Inform them of it!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

dicion wrote:Thing is.. unless they sent it to you in an audio recording.. email isn't verbal. it's written :mrgreen:
Technical correction again, but written notice is verbal. Verbal means that it uses words. Many people confuse the terms verbal and oral. Oral is the correct term for spoken notice.

The good news is that the law correctly states oral notice doesn't have to be specific wording. This means you are correct that the audio recording would be the specific notice required to tell her not to legally carry there.
Steve Rothstein

dicion
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dicion »

srothstein wrote:
dicion wrote:Thing is.. unless they sent it to you in an audio recording.. email isn't verbal. it's written :mrgreen:
Technical correction again, but written notice is verbal. Verbal means that it uses words. Many people confuse the terms verbal and oral. Oral is the correct term for spoken notice.

The good news is that the law correctly states oral notice doesn't have to be specific wording. This means you are correct that the audio recording would be the specific notice required to tell her not to legally carry there.
Sorry, my bad, yes, that is what I meant, lol.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Y2bad4u wrote:I hope they don't post an official sign because of people asking and god forbid someone correcting them that there sign isn't legal.
I don't think you'll have to worry about Plantersville Ren Festival being posted 30.06.

That's pretty far from Early, Texas. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

The only applicable signage we have ever seen has been the 51% signage, it is correct, posted correctly, and you need to comply with areas inside the RenFest where you see it...

I have a friend that has worked there as an entertainer for many years and she has seen it all...And agrees that this is probably the only thing that should be complied with in regards to CHL'ers...

BTW, who was it riding a motorcycle, wearing a Kilt and having a broadsword slung across the back this last weekend turning into Friendswood at the light Sunday??? Male, 6', white, bald???

My wife and I give that guy a :thumbs2: , that inspired us to go in the next couple of weeks...We weren't going this year, but that made us think of getting tickets to the King's Feast...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I believe it might have been our friend "lunchbox"??? :cheers2:

"Wife-Unit" wonders why I do not wear a Kilt more often...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I met a kid from Oklahoma wearing a kilt last night. In San Marcos. Idk. :confused5
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

stevie_d_64 wrote:"Wife-Unit" wonders why I do not wear a Kilt more often...
Cause it drives the women wild.... "rlol"
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”