Is it true?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Frost
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is it true?

Post by Frost »

A cop can ruin your day real fast even if you have broken no laws.

Keep that in mind.
It can happen here.

battalion74

Post by battalion74 »

I had a time about 10yrs ago, I believe I mentioned here before.
I was turning into a Wally Martinez parking lot at night. Next thing I know I see lights behind me, so I turned off the feeder road and stopped. I turn on the overhead lights so he can see that my hands were on the steering wheel and waited to lower the window when he taps on it. I'm asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I believe it was because I failed to use turning light. He requested DL and registration, at which point I showed him my CHL and said I had it on me. He backs off and puts his hand on his pistol, but still remains holstered. He asks me where its at and I tell him shoulder rig on my left, window side. I ask if he wants me to open jacket and he says NO, excitedly, but not loud. He then tells me not to move, proceeds to reach in and removes my pistol out of my holster. Then set it on the roof of my truck. I then proceed to retrieve registration and give it to him. Then he tells me to remain in the truck. Goes back to his car, me and friend just waiting. He comes back and while talking to me 2 other cruisers come over. He hands me back my licenses and registration and tells me to wait till he and the others leave to recover my firearm.
After that, my friend and I were laughing that he called in back up. Then proceeded to enter Wal-Mart. I did get offended the he reached in and disarmed me, thinking it could be considered assault, but then I thought he was new and let it go. Consider his jumpiness, I wasn't going to discuss it with him either.

nils

Post by nils »

I will always notify the officer, along with showing him my plastic any time I'm pulled over, etc.....I think that an informed officer is a calm officer...I don't wanna surprise the guy...especially if he's a rookie with an itchy trigger-finger...you never know who you'll encounter.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

What they don't know won't hurt me. Or something like that. Details left to the search function.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”