EECU 30.06 Posted Fort Worth (letter to President)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
newlife12176
Posts in topic: 2

EECU 30.06 Posted Fort Worth (letter to President)

Post by newlife12176 »

Here is the letter I am mailing today to the back President....

Mr. Lonnie Nicholson,

My name is John Etheredge. My father is Ronnie Etheredge. He has been banking with your institution for over 20 years. He has borrowed house loans, car loans, repair loans, etc. Several years ago he co-signed a loan for me so I could purchase a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Since then I have paid that loan off, borrowed more money for another Harley and then eventually borrowed more money for repair loans. So far your institution has provided us with great service and great rates…

Last month I finally qualified for a vehicle loan on my own. I am very grateful for this. I had to join the credit union to make this transaction happen. Before joining I had no choice about where to borrow money, as my father was co-signing. Since I have had great service and have already established a respectable relationship with your institution, I decided to join. However, I think it’s important that you know I do not do business with any private institution that has a Texas Penal Code 30.06 sign posted at their door. I am not aware if you are familiar with this sign, so I am going to copy and paste the penal code below. By doing this, you are not only putting law abiding, trained individuals, who have had extensive legal background checks, paid fees to the State, and 8 hours of training, and by law are legally able to carry a concealed firearm for protection at risk (like myself), you are placing your staff at risk, unarmed citizens, and most importantly losing customers. Donna Hooker told me she has already been robbed in Fort Worth at other banks 2 times! This sign makes no sense to me.

I know by writing this letter to you, I am not going to get this sign removed. I know it is the Credit Unions Policy and not your own. I just wanted you to know, if I really had a choice about where to get this new vehicle loan, I would have chosen another institution. Please consider the ramifications for my personal safety and the financial ramifications of losing business. I am a member of the largest CHL (online concealed handgun License forum). Out of thousands of Texans who have this privilege to carry a concealed weapon, not 1 of them would do business with places that prevent them from excersing their 2nd amendment rights if given a choice. I appreciate your time and attention to this matter. I know you are very busy. Have a great day.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: EECU 30.06 Posted Fort Worth (letter to President)

Post by joe817 »

Wow! Powerful and to the point. Well done, and thank you for expressing your opinion. IMO, we need more of it.
:tiphat: :clapping:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

gemini

Post by gemini »

Very nice Newlife12176. Well tempered, informative, to the point, and polite letter.

HGWC
Banned

Post by HGWC »

I was headed to a jewelry store the other day. I drove past, I think it was Jared Jewelers, and saw the sign. No problem. There were at least two other jewelers within a block. I went into another one, armed, and I kind of felt for the two or three women working in that store by themselves, probably unarmed. I got to thinking about that stupid sign in the other store. I can't imagine what they thought they were going to accomplish. Too bad I was just in for some inexpensive jewelry repair, or I'd definitely have let the other store know they lost out on a sale.

bobbyb0322

Post by bobbyb0322 »

Way to go. I'm currently on a campaign for every business I run across around here to mail letters to. I've gotten some response, no real results though as I expected. The more letters they get from different people the better chance you have of getting them to change their minds. Would love to hear if anybody has ever had any luck with this.1

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Good letter newlife. I hope the part about the sign not being removed is wrong. I believe the campaign is working in many places. for instance, the signs have come down in at least some of the Taco Cabanas.

Which Harley do you have? I have a 2008 FXDWG.
Charlie

y5e06

Post by y5e06 »

Just a suggestion, not a flame. Might want to fix that run-on sentence in the back half of the 2nd paragraph. It can be painful to read.
... But looks like you may have already sent it off
Morgan
CHL, TSRA, NRA-LIFETIME

Topic author
newlife12176

Post by newlife12176 »

Not to derail the original post (which I created)..... to answer your question I have a 2002 Softail Deuce with a 96 inch Big Bore Kit. Heads have been ported and flowed. Andrew Gear Drive cams, Mikuni carb, 2-1 D&D exhaust, Custom air breather, etc etc... (Stage 3) 114 HP and 112 ft lb torque. Bad ride....
Attachments
Project1.jpg

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

newlife12176 wrote:Not to derail the original post (which I created)..... to answer your question I have a 2002 Softail Deuce with a 96 inch Big Bore Kit. Heads have been ported and flowed. Andrew Gear Drive cams, Mikuni carb, 2-1 D&D exhaust, Custom air breather, etc etc... (Stage 3) 114 HP and 112 ft lb torque. Bad ride....
Sweet bike. :thumbs2: I would hate to see what happens if your butt slips off the back of the seat? :biggrinjester:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
newlife12176 wrote:Not to derail the original post (which I created)..... to answer your question I have a 2002 Softail Deuce with a 96 inch Big Bore Kit. Heads have been ported and flowed. Andrew Gear Drive cams, Mikuni carb, 2-1 D&D exhaust, Custom air breather, etc etc... (Stage 3) 114 HP and 112 ft lb torque. Bad ride....
Sweet bike. :thumbs2: I would hate to see what happens if your butt slips off the back of the seat? :biggrinjester:
+1 Beautiful I guess you don't ride in the rain much. :mrgreen:
Charlie

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

Russell wrote:newlife:

Please post the business to texas3006.com, and let them know they're decision is going up on the internet for all to see :thumbs2:
If it's the one off of Hulen, I've already posted it, if I remember correctly the sign is non-compliant, not in spanish, and it's that obnoxious white on clear glass, which has that conspicuous argument going around.

bryang

Post by bryang »

Good job on your letter, newlife, I really appreciate you taking action.

Nice Bike!! :thumbs2: I use to ride a Sportster, but that has been a few years ago.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”