Boating

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wright09
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Boating

Post by wright09 »

My family decided to take me boating at lake Sommerville tomorrow. I know that I can not carry on the lake but can I drop the clip and leave in trunk? Thanks

bobbyb0322

Post by bobbyb0322 »

I don't know how accurate the statement "Guns aren't allowed on Corps of Engineer lakes" is. Lake of the Pines is a corp lake and I have been duck hunting on that lake since I was a kid. Tons of people duck hunt out there. I've been stopped by Game Wardens out there while carrying (edit : I should specify while carrying a shotgun for hunting purposes, never been back since I got my CHL) and never had an issue before. Never been stopped by a Corp of Engineers Ranger though. We have many many many lakes in Texas that aren't Corp of engineer lakes. Up here in East Texas I can think of Martin Creek, Lake Nacogdoches, Lake Murvall, Caddo Lake, Lake Monticello, Welsh, the list goes on and on.
Last edited by bobbyb0322 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyb0322

Post by bobbyb0322 »

Another thing I might add is I don't use a Corp boat ramp / park to enter the lake, I use a private marina. There could be a difference there.

wright09

Post by wright09 »

Thanks, but I guess I will have to leave my families protection and my 2A right home this time. There is alot wrong with this picture though.

:mad5

sandy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sandy »

I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking at times and been finding some very good info. I'm also new with a CHL. I freashwater fish alot and have been very cautious about caring my weapon in my bass boat, never know when you might need it. After reading a comment here about using a Flare Gun in defense, I decided to put that to the test. Using an Orion Flare Gun with a 12ga. flare, I set-up a 1/4" piece of plywood at 25' +/- and fired it. Wow, the damage that did to the plywood was remarkable. I had no idea those things were that powerful at close range. I'd just as soon be shot with a 9mm, than one of these things. Anyhow, after reading the laws, I can carry this Flare Gun on any lake for emergency use without problems, but if used on someone that might be another story, I'd definitely have to be in fear of my life. Many thanks for this forum, it's cool. Sandy

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

Hi sandy, and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. :tiphat:

Have you checked into the "new to CHL forum" yet? If not you should, and tells us about yourself. That's a great place to tell us about your guns. A lot of us post some of the guns we have in our signature line.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”