CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tropicalsun
Posts in topic: 3

Question regarding legal resident

Post by tropicalsun »

1st post...

I completed my CHL class today. My question is concerning my wife. She is a German citizen and has been a legal resident (green card) here for 20 years. Does she qualify for a CHL?

Thanks.

Tropicalsun
Rob

Keith B

Re: Question regarding legal resident

Post by Keith B »

tropicalsun wrote:1st post...

I completed my CHL class today. My question is concerning my wife. She is a German citizen and has been a legal resident (green card) here for 20 years. Does she qualify for a CHL?

Thanks.

Tropicalsun
Rob
Rob,

First off, welcome to the forum and congratulations on completing your class.

Short answer is yes, you can get a CHL with a green card. Here is a thread on that exact topic.

Again, welcome and enjoy the forum!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
tropicalsun

Post by tropicalsun »

I am sorry Keith, I don't see a link to the thread you mentioned. And thanks for the welcome.

Rob

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Doh!! Sorry, here it is http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 74&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :tiphat:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Topic author
tropicalsun

Post by tropicalsun »

Thank you for the thread. I have read through it, and did a little research besides. I should of done that a few weeks ago. I bought two handguns (XDM 9 and Glock 19) for us at a local sporting goods store. They would not sell my wife a handgun, so I bought them both. They believed that they couldn't sell a handgun to a non-US citizen. (same store that sells her her hunting license every year.) Based on their information, we assumed she wouldn't qualify for a CHL based on the "eligible to posess a weapon" clause. She will take the class next Friday and I will go have a talk with the local store. Really goods folks there, just a little off on the law.

Now...let me find the right part of the forum to ask about holsters!

Thanks again,
Rob

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Good deal!

Now, for your asking holster questions, just hit the General Gun, Shooting & Equipment section here http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... m.php?f=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :thumbs2:
Keith

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”