How often do you carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

.45mac.40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How often do you carry?

Post by .45mac.40 »

If N, I'm out side .... 100 % of tha' time. :rules:
Inside my home or sleeping, it's very available and my back up XD .45 is, upstairs ! (( AND...tha' SKS is tha' next closet !))

Mac :fire
Retired US Army.
EDC: Sig Sauer 1911 UC .45 acp

bdhawk

Post by bdhawk »

i carry pretty much all the time if it's legal. i cannot carry at work due to policy. even if i could, i probably would not. it would be difficult to keep my shootin' iron concealed due to the many activities i have to do. if i am going to a family function where i pretty much know there will be lots of hugging and personal contact, i usually choose to lock the gun in the trunk. also, i do not usually carry if i am locked up in my house. i keep a handgun handy, but not on my person. when i venture outside, while on my own property, i normally carry. i usually do not worry about concealment 'cause i am out in the country and it is on my own property.

bryang

Post by bryang »

24/7 unless at a prohibited location which I usually stay away from, unless it is a have-to-case.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

I carry all the time. Every day.
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

When I get my license I'm going to carry everywhere but work, but I have people in pickets with rifles, shotguns, and pistols that I hope will be able to protect me in that case :)
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

megs

Post by megs »

I admit to carrying at work and in my car.

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

When not at work,i carry 95% of the time.Either the Wife or myself is carring at all times away from work :txflag:
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

At least once a day.

tornado

Post by tornado »

LittleGun wrote:I carry every day, everywhere the law allows. I also carry at home.
At which type of prohibited place do you live? :lol:

elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

100% of the time.

Daltex1

Post by Daltex1 »

everyday, just like my wallet. It has become part of my routine, just like putting on my socks in the morning.

ninemm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ninemm »

Oldgringo wrote:
ninemm wrote:
Oldgringo wrote: Cabela's has an underseat lock box on a cable for $30. Check it out.
That's the one I have but I'm not all that thrilled with it.
Would you care to elaborate on your lack of thrill; e.g: won't hold 1911, won't fit under seat, lock doesn't work, ugly or what?
1. It just doesn't seem all that secure. I think one could get into it with a single hammer blow. I guess it would slow them
(thief) down.
2. It will only fit under the passenger seat of any of our vehicles (Honda Accord, Nissan Sentra, Chevy 3/4 ton van, GMC 1
ton van). When driving alone, I set it in the passenger seat unlocked with the gun it it. If I have a passenger, the gun
goes in the driver's door pocket and the box goes under the seat.
3. In the Nissan (my daily drive), you have to pull it out by the cable as it tends to slide all the way back to the rear seat
floorboard. (I'm thinking of making a "shell" box in which to slide it to remedy this problem.) And in my wife's car, the
wiring for the heated seats prevents it going far enough under the seat to be completely hidden.
4. There's nothing to hold onto to get it open. It has a sort of "friction fit" closing and you have to use your fingertips to
separate the top from the bottom. I can grip the bottom with one hand and use the key to pull it open but my wife's hand
isn't large/strong enough to do it like this so she has to unlock it and use her fingertips/nails to froce it open. (I'm
thinking of adding a couple of small knobs to remedy this.)

Glock 19 fits just fine.

glocklvr

Post by glocklvr »

I always carry when legal and awake and not working I even have a baby keltec so I can carry even in swim trunks. When in bed I have a pistol, shotgun, crash axe, and a can of mace next to the bed and during cleaning time I never have everything unloaded at the same time so 1 gun is always ready for action if needed
It is easier to get an airport security clearance than a CHL

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

If I am not at work I am armed. I try to avoid the hugging when possible. Though at church one of my friends (female) hugs me every Sunday. Not long ago she hugged me and felt the butt of the H & K. She looked at me like what the ???? I asked her how long have you known me? she replied 5 years.. I let her know that everytime she has ever seen me I was armed, why should she be surprised? Now when she hugs me she avoids touching my right side!
I believe in carrying at all times legally possible. The odds are you will never have to use it. But as they say in the insurance business, it is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.
In todays world you should be armed at all times. The incident in Maryville, IL proves that, the car jackings we see everyday on the news proves that, the home invasions we see everyday proves that. Anyone that believes it can't happen to them is nothing more than a victim in waiting. As well has your pistol you should be carrying less than lethal items as well. I carry pepper spray and a stun gun disguised as a cell phone. Have options open to you. But having said all that, your best weapon is your common sense and discretion.

jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

I carry all the time. At work, home, church, and sometimes in court. You name it, I carry there. Oh! I forgot a small detail, I'm a popo. :thewave
In Christ,

Joel C.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”