is the drury hotel on the riverwalk posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lowonair
Posts in topic: 1

is the drury hotel on the riverwalk posted?

Post by lowonair »

my girlfriend and i will be taking vacation at the end of the month and staying in san antonio at the drury hotel on the riverwalk. i was wondering if the hotel was posted and also if any establishments along the riverwalk are off limits. i checked texas30.06.com and didnt notice any but im just checking every way i can. thank you.

artx

Re: is the drury hotel on the riverwalk posted?

Post by artx »

While I haven't seen that hotel close enough to see signage, very few hotels are posted. The only signage I have seen along the riverwalk is 51% signs at a few bars.

I have stayed at another Drury and never seen a 30.06 sign.

rgraham541

Post by rgraham541 »

The "Texas Land and Cattle" Steak House is located on the Riverwalk level of the Drury and you enter through the Riverwalk entry of the Drury. I have not seen a 30.06 at this entrance during our visits over the past few months.
N5RAG
Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and
the legal system because moral behavior cannot be legislated.

jdh2580

Post by jdh2580 »

The other posters are correct. There are no 30.06 postings on the Drury Inn or the Texas Land and Cattle Restaurant that is attached.

Be very mindful of your surroundings there are a lot of transients that are on the streets above the river walk and near the front of the Drury.

Enjoy your stay and stay safe! :tiphat:

JohnHenry

Post by JohnHenry »

There are two Drurys on the river. The Inn and Suites has the direct river access, and the Drury Plaza is in the old bank building down the street. I stayed at the Plaza a few weeks ago (nice hotel) and saw no signs on either. I CC'd while walking around, but not when I went to the bars, since most are prohibited of course (51%).
Completed class: March 26, 2008
Submitted application: April 3, 2008
Completed application (previous payment and app had expired): July 2008
Received PIN: September 15, 2008
January 23, 2009: license issued! Card received Jan. 29. ~150 days

psycho_bob42

Post by psycho_bob42 »

The Drury I stayed at in san antonio had granite thresholds for the under the room doors. The door had a 2 inch gap below it. People can see into your room by looking at the reflection on the granite threshold. I left the room to get breakfast and while standing at the elevator i glanced back at the room and could see my wife walking around inside the room. We stuffed some towels under the door.

FightinAggieCHL

Post by FightinAggieCHL »

Drury Plaza is not posted. I carried there just a few weeks ago.
The right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

psycho_bob42 wrote:The Drury I stayed at in san antonio had granite thresholds for the under the room doors. The door had a 2 inch gap below it. People can see into your room by looking at the reflection on the granite threshold. I left the room to get breakfast and while standing at the elevator i glanced back at the room and could see my wife walking around inside the room. We stuffed some towels under the door.
I wonder if some hotels do that on purpose or if it's due to a change in the floor covering. My late wife and I caught a guy peepiing under our door at a different hotel some years ago, as we got out of the shower. He got a face full of hair spray, and a kick in the butt (with a bare foot) as he stumbled down the hall, for his efforts, but being somewhat underdressed I didn't pursue him into the stairwell. Hotel security and the police were not able to locate him and the hotel denied our request for a partial refund because they didn't believe the incident took place.

The last time I stayed at the Drury it was not posted.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”