Address on CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 2

Address on CHL

Post by TxD »

The address listed on a Tx CHL or drivers license is a "home/residence" address.
What is the applicable Tx law describing this address?

Apparently I am not a very good Googler. :???:
Black Rifles Matter

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Address on CHL

Post by Crossfire »

This is your 911 address. Where you physically live.

Even if this is not where you receive mail, they want your physical address on the CHL.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxD »

Crossfire wrote:This is your 911 address. Where you physically live.
Even if this is not where you receive mail, they want your physical address on the CHL.
Thanks for the reply, but this is an example of the root of the question.

You could live in a house in Houston and also live in a second beach house in Galveston and because you work in Austin, you live in an apartment there part time. You also may have living quarters at your office. You physically live in all these places.

I am looking for any Tx law that defines the address that may used on CHL and drivers license.
I am certain that it cannot be a mail box and must be a street address. :???:
Black Rifles Matter

cobraman

Post by cobraman »

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but GC 411.174 APPLICATION, sub section (b) reads: An applicant must provide on the application a statement of the applicant's: (3) residence and business addresses for the preceding five years:

There is no further clarifying wording regarding address.
My guess is you should list your primary residence first and include any other residence's that you use. The law requires background searches in the areas of your residences for the past five years.
02/22 - Class Taken
02/23 - Packet Mailed to State
02/28 - Packet received by State
03/06 - Check cashed
03/24 - Pin received, Processing Application
06/04- Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!!!!
06/09 - Plastic in Hand

Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

The closest definition of the address required is in the Texas Administrative Code. The Transportation Code says "residence address". The TAC is the rules adopted byt he DPS Commission for implementing the law. In Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 15, Subchapter B, rule 15.25 says:

" (1) The applicant's Texas residence address must be given. A business address is not acceptable. Applicants may be required by the department to provide proof satisfactory to the department to establish the Texas residence address provided. All documents must be verifiable. "

Thus, the address could be any of the places you live at if you are rich enough to own multiple homes. I don't think the office address would work, even if you stayed there sometimes. Given that the address on this will follow you to many other things, such as voting and jury duty, you may find it advantageous to pick one over the other.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Hmmm...then I feel the need to inquire about students in college. My sons home address is here...he goes to school in Houston.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”