HOW to carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Broge5
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HOW to carry?

Post by Broge5 »

I carry a Colt New Agent 1911, and ran into the same issue. When I can wear jeans or casual pants, I use the crossbreed tuckable - sometimes with shirt tucked, sometimes not. However for all the time I spend in dress pants and tucked shirt w/ or w/out jacket, for over a year I have been using a Kangaroo holster. My wife calls it my man-bra. It's like a belly band with a support strap over one shoulder and a pouch under the arm. It won't win any speed draw contests, but is totally concealable in front of clients, co-workers and management even without a jacket. It's actually pretty comfortable.

Topic author
TxFig
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxFig »

bdickens wrote:
flb_78 wrote:What's the military have to do with empty pockets?
I was wondering that myself. I spent 9.5 years in the Army and I never heard of that.

You're kidding, right?

The "nothing in your pockets" rule was something preached to us during boot camp (US Navy, July 1980). After getting to the "real Navy", it was pretty much ignored EXCEPT for inspections.... during an inspection, you better not have something in your pocket (except for your ID card).

I have several friends which cover all of the in other branches (except for the Coast Guard). They all talked about the same rule.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Purplehood »

Broge5 wrote:I carry a Colt New Agent 1911, and ran into the same issue. When I can wear jeans or casual pants, I use the crossbreed tuckable - sometimes with shirt tucked, sometimes not. However for all the time I spend in dress pants and tucked shirt w/ or w/out jacket, for over a year I have been using a Kangaroo holster. My wife calls it my man-bra. It's like a belly band with a support strap over one shoulder and a pouch under the arm. It won't win any speed draw contests, but is totally concealable in front of clients, co-workers and management even without a jacket. It's actually pretty comfortable.
When not using my 5.11 t-shirt or a Comp-Tac paddle holster, I too use the Kangaroo holster. It seems very flimsy, but so far it has worked.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”