Texas State Fair 2008

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

txflyer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas State Fair 2008

Post by txflyer »

Good thing they didn't catch you. You might have been thrown out for not having a big enough gun. :biggrinjester:

Mr.Scott
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mr.Scott »

txflyer wrote:Good thing they didn't catch you. You might have been thrown out for not having a big enough gun. :biggrinjester:
Go big or go home :smilelol5:

I went on Texas OU game day and walked right in with a Springfield XD. With the ease of getting in armed, I would never go UNarmed.

Does anyone ride the rides with their gun? I took the round out of the chamber before going on the tilt-a-whirl and bumper cars.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

Barron76

Post by Barron76 »

The wife & I went yesterday and had no issue at all getting in. Showed my plastic to the security guy he waved me over to the "supervisor" he looked at it, looked at me & said thanks for coming & let me right in. They do seem to handle it pretty well over all.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Well, our obligatory 4 trips are through. 1st 3 went well enough though the wander on the second trip looked surprised. She recovered quick enough and said have a nice day while waving me through. The fourth trip was the best. An uncharacteristically intelligent and articulate gentleman was the gate security (Pennsylvania Side). He asked to see the DL also, which I always have in hand when I get to the gate. He was very polite, almost jovial and after checking my creds just glanced in our cooler when my wife came through. He even greeted my children with a smile.

The wife and I were discussing the unusual level of quality of this gentleman (I was feeling encouraged) and she said,"It just goes to show the shape of our economy when a person of that caliber is working a temp job as Fair security." What a way to bring me down.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

Went to the fair today. Went in the South entrance off of Fitzhugh. Had the plastic in hand and tried to show it to the girl. She started wanding me and after several alarms finally noticed the plastic. She said and I quote "uh oh-- uh --go ahead". I had a good time at the fair. ;-)

numist

Post by numist »

Went Thursday. At gate #1 the guard started to wave the wand and I held up my plastic and DL. He looked at it for a few seconds then said "check in with the officer", pointing to a squad car parked quite a ways away from the gate inside the fence. As I stood in the ticket line I looked toward the now empty squad car. I walked on through the gate. No officer in sight to check in with so I proceeded on my ultimate quest...to eat my way around the fair grounds.
Educate ignorance, reward excellence and severely punish stupidity.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

numist wrote: I proceeded on my ultimate quest...to eat my way around the fair grounds.
And to try to find that officer, right?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

numist

Post by numist »

jimlongley wrote:
numist wrote: I proceeded on my ultimate quest...to eat my way around the fair grounds.
And to try to find that officer, right?
I looked for him in every single place I could. He wasn't at Fletcher's, or at the food court or even at the other fine establishments that I visited. I even went back for a second corned dog to double check but no luck. Guess I will have to try again next year. *burp*. :leaving
Educate ignorance, reward excellence and severely punish stupidity.

Nintao

Post by Nintao »

numist wrote: He wasn't at Fletcher's,....
Is there a Duncan' Donuts at the Fair this year.....
"To listen, to learn, to that which is not spoken."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”