7-11 Stores

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
numist
Posts in topic: 3

7-11 Stores

Post by numist »

I visited a 7-11 store today. Upon departing I noticed that they had put up a batch of new signs on the exterior walls. Among the usual "..crime to consume alcohol on premises.." etc was one that caught my eye. Ten feet up and legal size / wording was a 30.06 sign!
I sent 7-11 an email voicing my displeasure. A post has also been added to texas3006.com.
Has anyone else seen such signage on any other 7-11 stores? I know that I can certainly buy gas and the occassional lotto ticket elsewhere.

BigBlueDodge
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 7-11 Stores

Post by BigBlueDodge »

Do understand that the vast majority of 7-11 stores are not actually owned/operated by 7-11. These are franchisee stores that pay to use the 7-11 brand. 7-11 will not direct them on what they can/can't put up on their premises. If it were me, I'd take it up with the store owner/manager. 7-11's on my side of town are not posted.

Topic author
numist

Post by numist »

BigBlueDodge wrote:Do understand that the vast majority of 7-11 stores are not actually owned/operated by 7-11.

Maybe so. When I went to their website and was able to pick out this location from a drop down list of their stores to file a complaint. I remember that a while back I had issue with another store on a completely different subject and filed a complaint in the same way. I got a live person response and they corrected the problem within a week.
I hope that this problem gets the same prompt attention. I wonder if they just posted the wrong sign and should have posted the "un-licensed" sign instead.
Educate ignorance, reward excellence and severely punish stupidity.

LCP_Dogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LCP_Dogg »

Gosh, I just don't get it..

WHAT GOOD CAN POSSIBLY COME FROM THIS???

I mean think about it, Criminals could CARE LESS about a 30.06 sign, especially as they go careening past the doorway, gun in hand, ready to commit a crime (and it's not like 7-11s don't get their fair share of crimes). :mrgreen:

So seriously, what good can come of this?

They are literally taking LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS who ARE ARMED out of the picture, making us UNABLE TO HELP DEFEND 7-11 robberies, and UNABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES..

Fortunately 7-11 is not all the popular here in Austin (we have lots of Tiger Marts I guess) so I don't need to worry as much about this and not going into a 7-11 anymore is no skin off my back.

:fire

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Does the 7-11 also sell gas? If so, would 30.06 signs prevent CHLs from carrying while pumping? I get around the bank 30.06 signs by just using the drive through, but you have to get out of your car to get gas. Just seems to be a problem area to me. Does the sign only cover the physical building, or does it also cover business conducted in the parking lot?
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

If the sign is posted on the building, then only the building is off limits. If the sign is posted at the driveway, then the entire complex would be off limits.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

biggyin

Post by biggyin »

LCP_Dogg wrote:
I mean think about it, Criminals could CARE LESS about a 30.06 sign, especially as they go careening past the doorway, gun in hand, ready to commit a crime (and it's not like 7-11s don't get their fair share of crimes).
:iagree:
It is a cliche that most cliches are true, but then like most cliches, that cliche is untrue.

pedalman

Post by pedalman »

LCP_Dogg wrote:Fortunately 7-11 is not all the popular here in Austin (we have lots of Tiger Marts I guess) so I don't need to worry as much about this and not going into a 7-11 anymore is no skin off my back.
Especially the one on Oltorf, just east of IH35. Seems like there are cops there at least three times a week after school lets out.

barres

Post by barres »

biggyin wrote:
LCP_Dogg wrote:
I mean think about it, Criminals could CARE LESS about a 30.06 sign, especially as they go careening past the doorway, gun in hand, ready to commit a crime (and it's not like 7-11s don't get their fair share of crimes).
:iagree:
I could not disagree more! Criminals could not care less about the sign. If they could care less, then that would mean that they did care at least a little bit.

:tiphat: Sorry. That's one of my pet peeves about the mis-use of English. :tiphat: I know darn near everyone says it that way, but that doesn't make it right.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

agbullet2k1 wrote:Image

now who "axed" you anyway

:smilelol5:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

LCP_Dogg

Post by LCP_Dogg »

Thanks for the lesson. You're right now that I think about it. I am always on the lookout for ways to improve my ENGLISH.

For example, the other day, I learned the differences of "traveling" and "travelling" and how to figure out whether a word should double that last consonant or not. Good stuff. :)

Topic author
numist

Re: 7-11 Stores UPDATE

Post by numist »

Thanks to the efforts of many I am happy to report that the offending sign is now gone. Only an ugly glue spot on the wall remains where it was. Notes on the entry at texas3006 indicate that a corporate, multi-state chl'r responded to anothers complaint and that he welcomes all chl holders to all stores. Glad to see that they don't want to alienate the good guys.
Educate ignorance, reward excellence and severely punish stupidity.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

mr surveyor wrote:

I get "axed" frequently by my students. I finally started saying, "You can go to prison for that."
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Venus Pax wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:

I get "axed" frequently by my students. I finally started saying, "You can go to prison for that."

ya need ta say it like dis here:

You can jet ta prison [abbreviated profanity deleted]' dat - sho 'nuff! :biggrinjester:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”