Scarborough Fair Posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DFC
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DFC »

Had a great time and the weather was great. No anti-guns signs posted anywhere. :lol:

jclif1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jclif1995 »

I've been to the faire for several years +. I don't know if it is legal to carry but I can tell you not to bother. there are no problems at that festival. just a really good time.
john

isa268
Posts in topic: 4

Post by isa268 »

I've been to the faire for several years +. I don't know if it is legal to carry but I can tell you not to bother. there are no problems at that festival. just a really good time.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/3828192/detail.html
Faces Murder Charge
Investigators: Man Stabbed Navy Sailor 19 Times In Back
POSTED: 7:57 am CDT October 18, 2004
HOUSTON -- Grimes County sheriff deputies say they arrested a man who they believe fatally stabbed a Navy sailor outside the Texas Renaissance Festival Saturday night.

The Grimes County Sheriff's Department has charged Brent Nolan with first-degree murder.
Investigators said Nolan, 18, stabbed 23-year-old Brandon Smith 19 times in the back as Smith and his sister were leaving the Texas Renaissance Festival at about 7:30 p.m.
Deputies said a group of men approached Smith and his sister in the parking lot and a confrontation ensued. Officials said Nolan pulled out a knife and began stabbing Smith during the fight.
Smith, who was on leave from the Navy, was rushed to a hospital, where he later died.
Officials have not said what sparked the argument between Nolan and Smith.

Copyright 2004 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
i also go every year for the last 2 years. i'll be carrying in my smart carry (under my costume) this year.

WaltherP99
Posts in topic: 3

Last weekend

Post by WaltherP99 »

Well I went to Scarborough Fair in Waxahachie, TX last weekend and they did have a 30-06 sign :sad: . So I returned to the car to put gun away. The parking lot does not have a sign posted that I could see. But this will be the last time I go to the due to the ban. I have enjoyed the fair but I make a stand that if they prohibit people with a CHL then I ban them.

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Where was the sign posted? I went 2 weeks ago and I spent some time at the front but I saw no signage. We had our tickets ahead of time but I also looked around the ticket windows. This was also the place I spotted my first fellow packer (last year) when he leaned over the counter for his turkey leg and his weapon printed.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

WaltherP99

Post by WaltherP99 »

As you walk from the parking area to the front.. It’s on the right side on a big white board.. It’s like on the edge or close to the edge of the road that goes in front of the entrance. Once you pass the board there are not other signage present. It’s clear and looks correct to be correct, the Letters are an inch and formatted correctly. It is really upsetting as the Wife and kids really enjoy going but for me it’s just another place I will not go. :sad:

I factor that you can carry a sword and knives but can not carry a gun.. Thing that make you go Hummm…

WaltherP99

Post by WaltherP99 »

Now this was on Mothers day and the sign looked new but unsure if it was there two weeks ago as this was the first time I went this year.. The wife does not carry so she did not know to look for the sign or she would have let me know as she has gone twice before. Could I have used the word correct anymore, Sorry trying to type at the same time reading an email.. Arrgg

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”