Grandpa Anygun Soon

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ElGato
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ElGato »

We all know They will decide how to name us and we will answer to whatever They call us. :lol:

Pop most of the time but Poppy when they are sweet talking me into something, little Girls learn that early.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RPBrown »

ElGato wrote:We all know They will decide how to name us and we will answer to whatever They call us. :lol:

Pop most of the time but Poppy when they are sweet talking me into something, little Girls learn that early.
I'm always Pawpaw, but the tones are different when they want something
(Paaaawpaaaaw can I).

You will also come up with pet name for them as well.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flintknapper »

ElGato wrote:Poppy when they are sweet talking me into something, little Girls learn that early.

Way... early!

Having raised one , I am now convinced: They come down "the birth canal" with full knowledge of all male related weaknesses. :???:

Don't ya love 'em?!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

sensei
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sensei »

Congratulations!!!

5 grandaughters, 2 grandsons. The girls learn to get their way early.

Grandpa Ray on one side.
Paw Paw on the other side.

My oldest son used to call me "CRANKY OLE FART". Got shortened to Grandpa Cranky.

You will love it!

Ray

Topic author
anygunanywhere

He Is Here!

Post by anygunanywhere »

What a roller coaster ride!

Elijah Raymond was born Monday 4-10-06 at 6:17 pm in Beaumont. He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz, 19.5" long. Mother and baby are fine, hiome now. Dad is beaming.

All bias aside, Eli is the most precious, beautiful baby that grandparents could ask for.

I was the first one to hold him after his parents. I can be rather assertive. Mrs Anygun insisted I be allowed the honor since I was away defending freedom when both our sons were born. When my daughter-in-law handed him to me, he opened his eyes and gazed at me with big blue eyes. I know he can't focus, but he knew his Grandpa. My heart melted then, and does so with everything he does.

A dear friend I spoke with after he was born told me point blank that I had no idea how my life would change. He was right.

If I knew grandchildren were so wonderful, I would have had them first.

Now then, Christus St. Elizabeth is legally posted 30.06 just as I suspected. The signs are at all entrances and meet the requirements of the law. I will be writing the administrators. They use anti-kidnapping sensors on the infants. The only security I saw was a unarmed individual in a room watching monitors. No patrols. Old retired greeters at the entrances in the daytime. An unarmed security guard at ER entrance at night. The patient bill of rights states that patients have the right to "expect" security, whivh in my limited legal interpretation is lawyerspeak to make the uninformed believe they are safe. I have the exact wording on their patient BOR and will address this with them as well.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.

I do have pics, and will post soon, but am in a rush to head off to Beaumont......
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Congratulations on the Grandone. Don't expect anything back from the hospital more than "we do this for your protection". Translate that into Deep East Tex English & it means we don't allow legal guns in here for your protection. The practical application is We tell people to not bring illegal guns in here & if they do we will call the police so they can arrest them & the more people you shoot, maim, & kill the more charges you will face. :roll: That really bothers carreer criminals too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Congratulations!! Post those photos when you can, but enjoying this little fellow is going to come first.

Thank you Father for your blessings on this family.

Regards,
Chas.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Amen and Congratulations

Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome home anygun and welcome to the world Eli.

Grandkids are truely a gift from God. Enjoy, spoil, and sent em home.

Congradulations to you and your growing family
TSRA-Life member

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Congrats! It will be a while before I have the honor of being a Grand Pa since my oldest is only 4, but it sure seems like something to aspire to.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Isn't amazing how such a tiny package can turn even the manliest of men into a pool of mush?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

dws1117 wrote:Isn't amazing how such a tiny package can turn even the manliest of men into a pool of mush?
Amen to that
TSRA-Life member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

dws, you are supposed to be raising those younguns, not watching us old guys melt. ;-) You got a couple of cuties too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”