Anyone want to take a date on when we go over 300K?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Henry Dearborn
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone want to take a date on when we go over 300K?

Post by Henry Dearborn »

With the current backlogs at DPS I have no idea how many people have CHL's or are slated to get them in the next few months. I do know that every CHL instructor worth his salt is busy as a beaver.... Last figure I heard was 290k currently licensed....more than ever.

Anyone want to "bet" when we go over 300k? NO MONEY involved....just a bragging rights kind of thing.

I say we hit 300k on November 19, 2008.

k6gixx

Re: Anyone want to take a date on when we go over 300K?

Post by k6gixx »

I'm betting on Oct 12. with the state adding more bodies to the job, the backlog is starting to move. I bet we have close to that that number just waitin to be processed :hurry:
The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

BigBlueDodge

Re: Anyone want to take a date on when we go over 300K?

Post by BigBlueDodge »

I believe we are already there. At the end of 2007, there were approximtely 290K CHL licenses. The DPS has said it has already processed 52K applications for new licenses or renewals since the start of the year. Doing the math would put you well over 300K licenses (assuming a 50/50 split for renewals / new licenses, which IMO is very conservative. I bet the number is mostly new applications)

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/d ... 1afcb.html

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”