Scarborough Fair Posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DFC
Posts in topic: 4

Scarborough Fair Posted?

Post by DFC »

Have some family coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if Scarborough Fair is posted with the proper 30.06 signs. We haven't been there in about 15 years.

Thanks,

DFC

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kalrog »

I have been there more recently than you - say 3 or 4 years - and I don't remember it being posted then. Although I wasn't a CHL holder at the time and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it at that time. Maybe someone else who was there last year and actually looked can chime in.

DKSuddeth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DKSuddeth »

found this on the website -
Weapons Policy: The management discourages the use of weapons as costume adornments, as the safety of our patrons is our utmost concern. Any weapon adornment must be "peace-tied" and otherwise protected so any sharp edges are covered, and so it cannot be drawn or wielded while on the grounds. Due to the wide variety of potential "weapons" each item is handled on a case-by-case basis when the patron enters the festival. The Front Gate personnel determine what will and will not be allowed into the festival, as well as how it will be "peace-tied" and protected before the patron enters the festival. To avoid your weapon being held at the entrance gate until you depart the Festival, we advise that you do not wear weapons as costume adornments. Security personnel will monitor the wearing of weapons on the festival grounds. On violation of our weapons policy, Security personnel may confiscate any weapon and expel the violator from the festival grounds. Southwest Festivals, Inc. reserves the right to exclude a patron/participant from carrying or wearing a weapon.
-FELONY-
State law prescribes a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $5,000 for carrying weapons where alcoholic beverages are sold, served, or consumed. Section 61.11, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Article 46.035 (g), Texas Penal Code Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, 1-888-THE-TABC, PO Box 13127, Austin, Texas 78711-3127

Topic author
DFC

Post by DFC »

Saw that on their website also. I don't think they want folks running around waving sharp swords at folks. This is the same reason I would like to carry. I have a fellow coworker who participates in this and he his what I consider living on the outer edge of reality. :roll:

Their weapons policy would not apply to a CHL holder unless a proper 30.06 sign is posted.

isa268

Post by isa268 »

I’ve gone to the Texas Renaissance festival in Plantersville the last two years, the one that 2 years ago had a stabbing with a sword. I didn’t have my CHL the first year, and last year I just left it in my car, as it’s kinda hard to carry in a costume that doesn’t have a thick gun belt.

I didn’t notice a 30.06.

I guess you could open carry if you had a muzzle-loading pistol. :grin:

But I have my Smart Carry this year so I might carry my SW1911SC.

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

isa268 wrote:...it’s kinda hard to carry in a costume that doesn’t have a thick gun belt.
Go Scottish. Just put it in your sporan. Yeah, this is experience talking.

isa268

Post by isa268 »

isa268 wrote:
...it’s kinda hard to carry in a costume that doesn’t have a thick gun belt.

good idea but i just bought this $200 costume this past year and i'm not about ready to buy another one till this one falls apart and since i only wear it 2 days out of the year (i camp out every year and go both saturday and sunday)

now the costume doesnt have any pockets also so i was looking at a lether "posibles" bag to hold my wallet and stuff maybe i'll just get an over sized one and throw the S&W in there. or i could get one of these

Last edited by isa268 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

isa268 wrote: Image
:smilelol5: :smilelol5:

Chas.

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

And the best part about the MMM bags is that they were originally given away for free. So not only do you get a carry setup that NOBODY would suspect, but you cost the MMM $$ in the process!

I think you have to pay for them now though.

cxm

Down Side?

Post by cxm »

Of course having such a carrier is like telling the world... "I'm an unarmed victim."

That is fine if you are trolling for criminals (i.e. you are an undercover cop) but I think I would avoid attracting predetor attention.

Not to say of course that I don't like the irony of the thing... ;-)

FWIW

Chuck

isa268 wrote:
isa268 wrote:

good idea but i just bought this $200 costume this past year and i'm not about ready to buy another one till this one falls apart and since i only wear it 2 days out of the year (i camp out every year and go both saturday and sunday)

now the costume doesnt have any pockets also so i was looking at a lether "posibles" bag to hold my wallet and stuff maybe i'll just get an over sized one and throw the S&W in there. or i could get one of these
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

isa268 wrote:
isa268 wrote:

Priceless!!!

Are they still giving those out???

I want one soooooo bad!

On a dare, I'll wear it to the next gunshow or convention here in Houston...

Y'all be so jealous! :lol:

Charles knows I'll do it!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Chuck's right, I wouldn't want to get arrested for hunting over a baited road!

Actually, I wouldn't wear the thing and advertise for MMM, but I'd love to show isa268's photo around just to give the anti's heartburn.

Chas.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

DFC

My daughter works at Scar. Fair. I asked her to check the gate area Sat. for 30.06 posting. She said "I didn't see any"

Consider the source. A 22 yr. old that thinks a "job" is dressing up in 25 lbs. of goofy looking old clothes and hang out in 95 degree Texas spring heat for min. wage. Go figure.

Have fun out there.

Topic author
DFC

Post by DFC »

Thanks, I will carry and just turn around if I see one at the gate.

isa268

Post by isa268 »

Actually, I wouldn't wear the thing and advertise for MMM, but I'd love to show isa268's photo around just to give the anti's heartburn.
i'd love to take credit for the idea, i'd also like to find one myself, but i found the picture here.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=120016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”