Have you ever been drawn on?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Have you ever been drawn on?

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Glad you made it ok Texasdoc! I've never actually had a gun pulled on me, thankfully. Had a few close calls while working in the ER, but they were caught by very observant security guards who notifed the police quickly.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

JJ99SS

Post by JJ99SS »

I was shooting gophers with a .22 on our property out in the 4 corners area of NM when I was 15. After a while I went in to the motorhome to watch TV and relax. I got up to get a drink and looked out the window to see a cop circling the RV. He saw me and ran for cover while he ordered me out. I came out only to find 4 to 5 officers that had their weapons drawn down on me. They order me to pull up my shirt and then to get on the ground while the frisked me. They cleared the RV and asked me what I was doing. I told them I had permission and was getting 10 dollars per gopher from my mom (we had horses and didn't want them to get hurt.). Scared the snot out of me for sure.

Well they took my .22 and made me and my father come get it from the station. I remembered later that the week before there was a Community Officer shot dead on patrol by a man who unlawfully entered his mothers home while she was away. She called the police to patrol her house while she was out of town and he was not welcome there (bad kid with problems with the law.) He was there, and while the LEO called for back up he came out of the house and shot her in her patrol car. All the officers on duty heard the shot. It was very sad. My best friend at the time, his father was the Deputy Chief of Police, he said that they caught the guy at the Colorado border.

RoundRock_Gun_Fan

Post by RoundRock_Gun_Fan »

My incident happened back in 1990 in San Antonio. Me and a few of my buddies were visiting another friend of mine who lived above his dad's motorcycle shop on the corner of Fredricksburg and Babcock. It was around midnight and we were standing around my jeep in the parking lot talking. A white samuri came speeding around the corner from Babcock onto Fred going towards downtown. We didn't think anything about it until a few minutes later another car came around the corner, but instead of going down the road it pulled into the parking lot.
2 guys get out of the car. One was about 20 or so and the other (his dad) was mid 50's. The older man came around my jeep and started yelling, "which one of you has a problem?" Some how I became the designated speaker and told him, "nobody here has a problem." He starts yelling a cussing at us some more. Now there was 2 of them and about 5 of us, we all looked at each other and then started to advance on him. I know, I know but we were all young and dumb and he was OLD! :mrgreen: I guess he noticed us moving in so he reached behind his back and pulled out a snub nose revolver, and starts to wave it around at us. :shock: He is now really yelling and cussing at us. He was yelling, "who wants to die tonight?" (heavily edited for 10yr old rule). Again I tell him, "nobody wants to die." After what seemed like forever, really maybe 5 minutes or so his son speaks up and tells him that were not the right ones and they need to go! When I look at the younger guy, who is still by the car, I see he has a shotgun! The old man finally decides his son is right and they take off down Fred towards town. As soon as they left we jumped into my jeep and were gone. I don't think my jeep ever went as fast as it did that night.

RR
Para-Ordnance 1911 SSP .45
Colt 1911 Government Model (1913)

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

Yep.
Got drawn on on my HS graduation day on I-45 by some gangbanger who we had just swerved to avoid because he was changing about 4 lanes at once.
Got drawn on by a LEO for shooting my pistol back in Sam Houston National Forest in what I thought was a public gun range, but aparently was shotgun only, and closed. :shock:
Springfield XD-9 9mm
FEG PA-63 9x18mm
RRA Elite CAR AR-15 5.56mm
Remington 870 Express 12ga.
Marlin Mdl 60 .22
Winchester Mdl 70 Featherweight .30-06

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I had two misadventures in college that involved guns, although I wouldn't say I was exactly "drawn on".

Both incidents involved my fraternity brothers and alcohol -- no surprise there! :cheers2:

In the first, I was riding in someone else's truck. There were 5 or 6 of us in a couple of different vehicles, out prowling some back roads in the hills, looking for a good place to have a campfire and a tailgate party. This was Arkansas, which (unlike Texas) has huge chunks of public land and national forests. We were waaaaay out in the dark woods at the end of a pig trail, which looked like a good place, so we piled out.

Imagine our surprise 15 minutes later when the lights came on in a house a couple hundred yards away -- a house we hadn't even known was there. A couple of minutes later our "designated spokesman" was playing diplomat with the landowner, while the rest of us tried to shush the self-appointed loudmouth who kept interfering.

Although the gun was never pointed at anyone, there was a nickel-plated SA revolver behind the fellow's right leg the whole time. Apologies were made, and we went on our way.

The second time, we were solidly on private property, with the full permission of the landowner. We were a good mile down a private road, through at least two gates, had a good bonfire going, doing the tailgate thing, nothing loud or boisterous.

All of a sudden, a deputy sheriff pulled up and put on his high beams, spotlight, and blue lights, stepped out of his car and started barking orders. Unlike the first case, this time there were many loud protestations, because we were on private land -- we had a right to be there, but he didn't.

This was an old-school country lawman, and he had no intentions of accepting anything other than immediate compliance with his order that the party shut down and everyone leave -- including the property owner's son, who was part of our group.

The argument stopped when the deputy's son, who looked to be 13 or 14, stepped out of the cruiser and racked the shotgun. :shock:

legend

Post by legend »

Once, I went to one of my classmate's birthday party with my friend Josh. We were probably 13-14. His parents dropped us off since her parents were there.

Her older brother and his friends started picking on my friend and I pretty bad, so we decided to walk to the corner store and call his mom. While there I was on the phone trying to call my mom (His did not answer) and this car pulled up infront of the phone booth. The passenger got out, pointed a pistol at my head, and yelled "GET OFF THE PHONE!". I immediately dropped the phone, put my hands up, and said "IT'S YOURS!".

They then began laughing at me and drove off....

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

When I was about 9 or 10, I went to a friends house for a birthday and bunking party. I fell asleep and they drew a mustache on me. :biggrinjester:

Oh, you mean had a GUN pointed at me!!

When I was about 20, we had a dead end road on the edge of town that a lot of us would go down and hang out and visit (rarely any alcohol, just no place to hang out in a small town.)

It was winter and pretty cold. One of the guys got in his car with his girlfriend trying to warm up with the heater. About 5 minutes later, head lights and spotlights came on from both sides of us (even from the side where there was no road, just woods.) Voices started yelling to get our hands up and stay in the open as we heard shotguns racking.

As they approached we could see it was city LEO's. I was a reserve officer on the department and when they saw me, things deescalated. I was told they had a report that wild kids were shooting down the road. I told them no shooting, but then I got to thinking; my friend who was in his car warming up would rev the engine periodically and it would backfire because he was having issues with the timing. :lol: I told them what the deal was and they all laughed. I asked the one officer who came through the woods with his patrol car how he made it through there as it was REALLY rough terrain. He said he wasn't sure, but thought he had knocked the oil pan off! They hung around for a few chatting and commented that it was a great place to hang out and glad we were off the streets and that I was a good chaperon! LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

One night a friend (girl) and I was sneaking up to another friend's house to talk to her after she came in from a date. We were sneaking up the side of the garage when her dad stepped around the corner with a 12 ga leveled at us. That bore looked like it was as big as a trash can. I'd prefer not be on that end again.

Topic author
smyrna
Posts in topic: 2

Post by smyrna »

Keith B wrote:When I was about 9 or 10, I went to a friends house for a birthday and bunking party. I fell asleep and they drew a mustache on me. :biggrinjester:
My friends and I did that to a mutual friend while on a college road trip. We took black sharpies and colored his ears solid black while he slept...stopped some time later and went into a Pizza Hut. People stared at him trying as if he had a disease. It was priceless! He had no clue until just before we left and he went to the restroom. "rlol"

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

I have not been drawn on since I got out of LE. THere were times I think that I have avoided issues since I got out because of my habit of making eye contact with everyone I approach, plus constantly scanning my surroundings. A friend of mine laughs everytime we meet for lunch because of lookling at him when we are talking I am always watching everyone else.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”