Taco Cabana gets robbed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

melkor41
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Taco Cabana gets robbed

Post by melkor41 »

ZARASTER wrote:You can't blame Taco Cabana they are a big company out of New York selling good booze with bad food
And using the same policy’s and reasoning they use in NEW YORY CITY
Did someone say NEW YORK CITY?!?!?!

Get a rope.....

:txflag:
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

ZARASTER
Posts in topic: 12

Post by ZARASTER »

Carrols is one of the largest restaurant companies in the U.S. and is headquartered in Syracuse, New York. Carrols owns, operates and franchises more than 560 restaurants under the Burger King®, Pollo Tropical®, Taco Cabana® brands. Carrols operates in 16 states, employs over 16,000 people and has sales of approximately $750 million.
fifth generation Texan

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 6

Post by lawrnk »

ZARASTER wrote:You can't blame Taco Cabana they are a big company out of New York selling good booze with bad food
It is owned by Carrolls, the investors from NY. But..it is headquartered, managed, and everything else from TEXAS.
Taco Cabana and their management can burn in hades for all I care. Maybe they will wise up after more robberies. I have never given them a nickel since finding out about the anti-CHL policy.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 6

Post by lawrnk »

scootergeek wrote: Have some common sense and show some respect , sympathy and adultness.
:txflag:
Welcome to TxCHLforum by the way. Good luck finding symphathy here for TC. You'll find as many Obama supporters. :lol:
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

ZARASTER

Post by ZARASTER »

lawrnk wrote:
It is owned by Carrolls, the investors from NY. But..it is headquartered, managed, and everything else from TEXAS.
Taco Cabana and their management can burn in hades for all I care. Maybe they will wise up after more robberies. I have never given them a nickel since finding out about the anti-CHL policy.
I was being sarcastic
fifth generation Texan

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

ZARASTER wrote:The sign on the door is under sized but the sign inside is the proper size and is legal that is what there lawyer told me when I contacted them.
Only if they hand it to you. If it's posted as a sign, it has to meet the size requirements.
And they will put you in jail.
Taco Cabana doesn't have arrest authority.

ZARASTER

Post by ZARASTER »

The sign inside is proper size and is legal It does not need to be posted on the door just posted where you can see it
KBCraig wrote:
ZARASTER wrote:The sign on the door is under sized but the sign inside is the proper size and is legal that is what there lawyer told me when I contacted them.
Only if they hand it to you. If it's posted as a sign, it has to meet the size requirements. (the sign inside is legal) and it does not need to be posted on the door
( No they can not arrest you but they can have you arrested)
fifth generation Texan

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

Zar,
Although it would be illegal to carry in a 30.06 posted establishment.

I doubt you would get arrested most of the time. TC could ask you to leave, or call PD if they saw your weapon. If PD show'd up they might take your weapon and write you up, or do whatever they wanted to.

It would be up to the officer to arrest you or not, not TC.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

I assume they got robbed by someone on a spork crime spree because guns aren't allowed in Taco Cabana.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

Maybe the robber(s) couldn't read. They thought the sign said "Now guns allowed" :thumbs2: instead of "no guns allowed". :rules:
In Christ,

Joel C.

ZARASTER

Post by ZARASTER »

dihappy wrote:Zar,
Although it would be illegal to carry in a 30.06 posted establishment.

I doubt you would get arrested most of the time. TC could ask you to leave, or call PD if they saw your weapon. If PD show'd up they might take your weapon and write you up, or do whatever they wanted to.

It would be up to the officer to arrest you or not, not TC.
They don't want me there . So I will not go there and will not spend any money there . I was just stating what they told me
fifth generation Texan

jnkirk1974

Post by jnkirk1974 »

Guys,

While I agree that contacting them about their policies again may be a good idea, you need to choose your words VERY carefully.
In a situation like this, I do not want the company to think that this is a potential "racket" type of situation.

In other words, I don't want them to ever accuse Texas CHL'ers of attacking their store to make a political point.

Be very careful when proceeding and be mature about it.

Some of the comments that were posted earlier in this thread are a little too much Ted Nugent (who I love by the way).
Rock River Arms AR-15, HK P2000sk, Glock 23,Beretta 92FS and Seacamp .32

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

ZARASTER wrote:The sign inside is proper size and is legal It does not need to be posted on the door just posted where you can see it
KBCraig wrote:
Only if they hand it to you. If it's posted as a sign, it has to meet the size requirements. (the sign inside is legal) and it does not need to be posted on the door
( No they can not arrest you but they can have you arrested)
They cannot have you arrested if "you didn't see the sign". They can only have you arrested if after "not seeing the sign" they tell you verbally that "CHL'ers are not allowed to carry in their business and please leave". If you do not leave, then you can be arrested.

If you leave (after receiving verbal notice, because, you "did not see the sign") then you cannot be arrested.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

ZARASTER

Post by ZARASTER »

[Only if they hand it to you. If it's posted as a sign, it has to meet the size requirements. (the sign inside is legal) and it does not need to be posted on the door
Taco Cabana doesn't have arrest authority.[/quote]( No they can not arrest you but they can have you arrested)[/quote]

They cannot have you arrested if "you didn't see the sign". They can only have you arrested if after "not seeing the sign" they tell you verbally that "CHL'ers are not allowed to carry in their business and please leave". If you do not leave, then you can be arrested.

If you leave (after receiving verbal notice, because, you "did not see the sign") then you cannot be arrested.[/quote]

You are nit picking. Who cares they dont want me or my gun there so I will take my money and gun some where where they do.
fifth generation Texan

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I am only nit picking because I want everyone to understand how the law of trespassing actually works..... :rules:

As far as going into Taco Cabana myself, I have NEVER been there and I of course will NEVER go there........
I can get "Gastric Distress" from some other 2nd A friendly establishment. :smilelol5:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”