How long for DPS to process your CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How long did it take for DPS to process your new or renewal CHL?

New - 60 days or less
48%
New - 61 to 70 days
15%
New - 71 to 80 days
15%
Renewal - 45 days or less
5%
Renewal - 46 to 60 days
5%
Renewal - 61 to 70 days
3%
Additional Processing Time - Timely issued
4%
Additional Processing Time - Not timely issued
6%

Total votes: 340

Reysc
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Reysc »

OK..Ok.. I know I am a grown mature man acting like a little kid here but who cares!!! It's been a long time since I got this excited, waiting!! Hey, Dubya, just check my status and tha status is "PACKET SENT TO APPLICANT"..... I guess they have not even opened or process my paper works...... ugh.... Thanks again, Dubya

dubya
Posts in topic: 17

Post by dubya »

The worst part is this seems to be like a long trip on the highway. The closer you get to your destination the faster you seem to want to drive.
I hope you are one of the quick responses Reysc. It will be interesting to see if it is a county issue.
There could be many variables in all of these. I have purchased several guns during my waiting period. Anything that flags a file may have an effect. I have been amazed, however, at the people who got approvals is the 40 day range; but, then again, who can guess?

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Dubya, you wrote...
"I have purchased several guns during my waiting period. Anything that flags a file may have an effect. "

You know what I bought a handgun too a few days after I have mailed my paper works.. hmmm let's see how that works out..Let's monitor this closely.
Thanks again,Dubya!!

aggie dad
Posts in topic: 9

Post by aggie dad »

This morning I am at 85 days and the website still says processing application. Called the 800 # to inquire about status and they told me the license would be mailed out this afternoon and to allow 7-10 days for delivery. I guess I should be happy about that, however, I really do not see why there should be such differences in turnaround time, unless a submittal was incomplete, the finger prints were unidentifiable, or someone had some issues in their past.

Oh well, I hope everyone else in process has better luck!

DMoses
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DMoses »

aggie dad wrote:This morning I am at 85 days and the website still says processing application. Called the 800 # to inquire about status and they told me the license would be mailed out this afternoon and to allow 7-10 days for delivery. I guess I should be happy about that, however, I really do not see why there should be such differences in turnaround time, unless a submittal was incomplete, the finger prints were unidentifiable, or someone had some issues in their past.

85 DAYS??? OMG I hit 60 dayz as of next Monday and I'm as giddy as kid in a candy store!

Come Monday if the website still says "processing" someones going to get a nice little phone call :twisted:

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Kalrog »

aggie dad wrote:This morning I am at 85 days and the website still says processing application. Called the 800 # to inquire about status and they told me the license would be mailed out this afternoon and to allow 7-10 days for delivery. I guess I should be happy about that, however, I really do not see why there should be such differences in turnaround time, unless a submittal was incomplete, the finger prints were unidentifiable, or someone had some issues in their past.

Looks like we might have someone closing in on my record. I managed to get near 120 days (nothing rejected or anything like that) so I REALLY know the feeling. I hope nobody gets the "priviledge" of taking this record away from me.

Since you actually spoke to somebody about this, I bet you will have it next week.

dubya
Posts in topic: 17

Post by dubya »

Congrats aggie dad and Geopagus! Kalrog must be a very patient person.

I take solice in knowing how long I did without a CHL; however, the daily antedotes I hear on escalting common crime require attention.

Moliere - "The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit."
Author unknown - "It is better to be patient, than it is to become one."

Geopagus
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Geopagus »

Well guys, I received my CHL in the mailbox today. :grin: So, from DPS receipt of application up to today marks 87 calendar days from mailbox to mailbox.

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Geopagus wrote:Well guys, I received my CHL in the mailbox today. :grin: So, from DPS receipt of application up to today marks 87 calendar days from mailbox to mailbox.
Congrats, Geopagus!! 87 days.... I really have no business getting restless, just can't help it I guess.. My 30 days will be on the 13th of March ( maybe not February is a short month..LOL).. Oh well, need to do something and take my mind off this CHL stuff...

ElGato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGato »

No longer out of style, you can be fully dressed.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Geopagus
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Geopagus »

Thanks fellas. Reysc, hope you and the rest of the guys/gals have better turnaround times.

txbell1
Posts in topic: 1

How long to receive your CHL

Post by txbell1 »

I was very lucky, my husband and I both sent our packets to Austin on Jan.02nd and I received my CHL around Feb.25th.....unfortunately he is still :cry: as of today's date waiting for his...........I don't know how true this is, but according to other reply's it appears that women seem to get theirs quicker. At least in this case it was true.
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Geopagus wrote:Thanks fellas. Reysc, hope you and the rest of the guys/gals have better turnaround times.
Thanks and may you speak with an "angels's tongue"......

Reysc

Re: How long to receive your CHL

Post by Reysc »

txbell1 wrote:I was very lucky, my husband and I both sent our packets to Austin on Jan.02nd and I received my CHL around Feb.25th.....unfortunately he is still :cry: as of today's date waiting for his...........I don't know how true this is, but according to other reply's it appears that women seem to get theirs quicker. At least in this case it was true.

Congrats... If it's true that women gets their's quicker.. I have no problem w/ the Ladies First Policy.. makes sense to me ..

remington79
Posts in topic: 4

online status changed

Post by remington79 »

I just checked my status a few hours ago and it finally said license active. Now I just wonder how long it's going to take to get in my mailbox. It has only been a few weeks since my status changed from mailed packet to proccessing ap. I mailed my packet in to them around the second or third of Feburary.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”