Complete Online CHL Application?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
xHypex
Posts in topic: 1

Complete Online CHL Application?

Post by xHypex »

It appears the DPS is changing up a lot of things lately because everytime I go to the DPS website it looks different.

Today when I looked there was an online application so I started to fill it out just like I did my paper application. I hit the end and got to a page to pay the $140 with a credit card; no mention to sign up for a class or anything. At this point I'm confused what to do because my CHL class is next Saturday and I have both a hard copy paper application filled out (minus the $140 money order) and an online version ready to submit.

Are there any instructors out there that know about these changes in application? I imagine the online application should help cut down on the administrative time, so given the choice I'm going to submit that way. The only issue is what to do with my fingerprints, photos, etc.

Thanks,
-hype

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

You should have a page you printed out with your on-line application. Take that to class with you. You will need your fingerprint cards, passport photo holder and affidavits.

The copy of the on-line form should have your license number (application number) on it. Take that too.

Once your instructor sees what you have, he/she can guide you as to exactly what to include in your application packet.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

xHypex,

I did exactly the same. Filled out my app online and paid online. TXDPS sent my complete application packet to me in the mail with all my info already on it. I took that to my class.

BenGoodLuck

Post by BenGoodLuck »

Funny story - I moved to Texas in 2003 and I filled out the online form sometime in 2004. I then proceeded to forget completely about the online application and having paid the $140. In 2005 I finally got around to taking the class and submitted an application with another $140! I realized something was up when I saw that my application number did not match the number of the paperwork I had sent in. Some calls to DPS and I found out I had two applications. They sent me a refund pretty quickly and I got my CHL within the prescribed time.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”