Glock 19 poll.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

comp73
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Glock 19 poll.

Post by comp73 »

Scott in Houston wrote:
comp73 wrote:Mostly I've carried my G19 in a comptac MTAC, but I just got a new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 on Monday and I'm really liking it.

I have the MTAC. Why did you bother with the Alien Gear? Curious. I'm happy with MTAC (I also have one for a G26), and have never considered another holster because I like it so much. If there's something better, I want to know! :cheers2:
Mainly I was looking for a belt and a OWB holster. Alien Gear offers $15 off a belt if you buy a holster. I then got caught up with the 2 holster deal. I ended up with the belt, Cloak Tuck 3.0 and Cloak Slide OWB. The 3 main differences between the MTAC and CT3.0 are the CT3.0 leather backing is padded against the body, wider from clip to clip and the area around the belt clips is much more flexible. The kydex shell on the CT3.0 is also thicker. Have to admit, when I first tried it, I wasn't thrilled. It felt too wide and the gun sat too low. I adjusted the belt clips and now its feels great. The padded area really seems to make a difference. I've only had it for a few days, but its really starting to look like I may be putting the MTAC into retirement.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott in Houston »

comp73 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
comp73 wrote:Mostly I've carried my G19 in a comptac MTAC, but I just got a new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 on Monday and I'm really liking it.

I have the MTAC. Why did you bother with the Alien Gear? Curious. I'm happy with MTAC (I also have one for a G26), and have never considered another holster because I like it so much. If there's something better, I want to know! :cheers2:
Mainly I was looking for a belt and a OWB holster. Alien Gear offers $15 off a belt if you buy a holster. I then got caught up with the 2 holster deal. I ended up with the belt, Cloak Tuck 3.0 and Cloak Slide OWB. The 3 main differences between the MTAC and CT3.0 are the CT3.0 leather backing is padded against the body, wider from clip to clip and the area around the belt clips is much more flexible. The kydex shell on the CT3.0 is also thicker. Have to admit, when I first tried it, I wasn't thrilled. It felt too wide and the gun sat too low. I adjusted the belt clips and now its feels great. The padded area really seems to make a difference. I've only had it for a few days, but its really starting to look like I may be putting the MTAC into retirement.

Nice. Thank you! I need to try it. I need a belt too, so there's my excuse. :thumbs2:

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

I used to carry a Glock 19 in appendix position in a PHLster Skeleton (Along with a PHLster double stack mag holder)

I've since moved to a S&W Shield in a similar holster.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mine is in a Desantis Speed Scabbard right now, in the 8:00 position (left hip), with a Desantis double mag carrier on the right hip.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

G19 in an Alien Gear IWB.

majorr

Post by majorr »

My G19 rides in an OWB by DM Bullard (The Body Guard).

Mick22

Post by Mick22 »

How good are the Alien Gear IWB holsters? I was looking at those and the Crossbreeds. I like my Triple T, just want to compare with others.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cmgee67 »

Check out vedder holsters same as the crossbreed and 20$ cheaper. Made to order and you get within a week usually. I carry my G19 in a crossbreed super tuck and love it! I wanted one for my 1911 thay I recently acquired but didn't want the 3-4 week wait time so I found vedder holsters out of Florida and I got the the comfort tuck. And I have to say just as good.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Mick22 wrote:How good are the Alien Gear IWB holsters? I was looking at those and the Crossbreeds. I like my Triple T, just want to compare with others.
They are decent. I haven't tried the new 3.0, but the 2.0 was fine. They are cheap and they work. The ability to replace shells if you change pistols is nice also. You pay shipping to send it to them, and they pay for the shipping back to you. I've taken advantage of it several times now. After switching to the Raven Concealment Eidolon I like the complete hardshell better, otherwise I'd still be wearing my Alien Gear. I found the Alien Gear more comfortable than the D M Bullard leather I was wearing. With leather I had to wear an undershirt or the leather soaking up sweat and holding it against me would become uncomfortable. I didn't have that problem with the wetsuit type material they used. Stealthgear USA is also decent, I have a mag carrier and their stuff is similar is basic design to the Alien Gear so gives you another place to look. The backing is rougher though, so slightly less comfortable without an undershirt.

Nothing against Mr Bullard's quality, just a function of leather. I haven't had the hardshell through a summer yet, so can't 100% compare yet. However I had double leather (holster / mag carrier IWB) through a summer, and Alien Gear holster and Stealthgear mag carrier through a summer (both here and Louisiana) and found the soft back ones were more comfortable in the heat because of how they handled the sweat. Leather was fine if I wore an undershirt, but then I am wearing more clothes. Also both my leather and soft backs closed slightly when empty. So the pistol didn't reholster straight in. You either have to point the barrel towards yourself to wedge the pistol in (not so great), reach over and use your finger to do the same, or take the holster off and then put it back on. Now me being fat probably acerbated the situation. I don't know if skinny guys run into that, having not been skinny in closing on two decades. That is why I have liked the complete hardshell, I can just reholster without doing anything special.

I know the Alien Gear won't last as long as good leather. After a couple of years the Alien Gear is showing wear. Leather if properly cared for will last for a long time. The D M Bullard stuff has a couple scratches/scuffs, but functions just like new and has no real wear on it. If I was still carrying a Glock 30, I could probably wear it for decades. So you'd probably have to replace an Alien Gear every 3-4 years, compared to probably 3-4 decades with leather. The Raven Concealment I haven't had long enough to tell you for sure yet, but zero signs of wear so far.
NRA Benefactor Member

Terlingueno

Post by Terlingueno »

My G19 Gen2 (Austrian Proofs) lives in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II all day, every day....

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Mick22 wrote:How good are the Alien Gear IWB holsters? I was looking at those and the Crossbreeds. I like my Triple T, just want to compare with others.

I will let you know soon, mine is been ordered already. Both, (IWB & OWB) :clapping:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

cmgee67 wrote:I carry my Glock 19 in a crossbreed super tuck daily and was curious who else does the same thing?
Exactly the same here, sir.

My only dress decision every day is, "Black Glock 19", or "Battlefield Green Glock 19"? :lol:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cmgee67 »

Old cannon that has to be the hardest choice of all! Screw what color shirt the color of the Glock is the real struggle

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

cmgee67 wrote:Old cannon that has to be the hardest choice of all! Screw what color shirt the color of the Glock is the real struggle
On my indecisive days, I just clip on the LH Crossbreed and carry both ;-)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”