Finally Got it!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
shb972
Posts in topic: 5

Finally Got it!!

Post by shb972 »

My LTC was in the mailbox this morning. I started the process on 12-17-15 and received it in 2-13-16. The wife surprised me as well with my new Glock 19, what a day! Carried to the gym, local gun shop and to pick up some parts for the oven, no Wally walk yet. It felt a little strange and I caught myself making sure my shirt was coving my weapon I imagine it will take some time to get use to. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the forum it made the wait much more bearable.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Finally Got it!!

Post by Jusme »

Congrats!!
It will take a while to get used to carrying, but before long it will be second nature.

:cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Ron7624
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ron7624 »

Congrats. It's a great feeling!

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Great job, and welcome to the club!
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

Congratulations!

randy634

Post by randy634 »

Congratulations and be safe!
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

Congrats! It does become second nature. I find now if I don't carry I feel wayyyyyyy out of place

Topic author
shb972

Post by shb972 »

Thank y'all very much! Just a quick question when carrying chambered or unchambered?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

It's up to you but will you have time to chamber a round in the time it takes to decide you need it and actually pulling the trigger?

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

Congrats!! Before long, it'll feel just as weird as you did today when you have to go out and NOT carry.

If things go south, ask yourself if you really think you'll have time to chamber a round. Personally, and it really is a personal decision, I don't want to take the chance of not having the time to chamber that round. I carry with a round in the chamber. Always.

Topic author
shb972

Post by shb972 »

I'll defiantly carry chambered but I'll also need to get me some professional training to help me with my confidence.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

shb972 wrote:I'll defiantly carry chambered but I'll also need to get me some professional training to help me with my confidence.
There are several tactical training courses in the DFW area. I can't personally vouch for any particular one but there are several instructors who are members of this forum that you can reach out to for recommendations.

You can also do things on your own even at home (with an unloaded gun) drawing from your chosen carry rig, clearing your home room by room in the dark, drawing with your weak hand in case your strong hand is incapacitated, and several other things. There are also several youtube videos that are helpful. The more you practice the more confidence you will gain.

Topic author
shb972

Post by shb972 »

Many thanks for the advice!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

shb972 wrote:Many thanks for the advice!
My pleasure. This forum is a great resource for obtaining information and everyone here is willing to offer suggestions and advice, don't be shy about asking questions, while some of us have been carrying for several years, we weren't born with a gun in our diaper so we all remember our first experiences and are happy to help those still learning.

Be safe.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

I carry one in the chamber. Have since day one. I don't want to have to chamber a round when I'm in trouble. I don't care who you are. You will never be as fast as a guy who has one chambered when you draw and have to rack a round in. Every second counts and sometimes that half a second can make the whole situation different. Get you a good holster that covers the trigger guard and DO NOT play with your gun and you should be fine. I use a crossbreed super tuck and have had zero issues

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”