CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Buffalo WW disregards 2A?

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

BWW.jpg
I searched through several pages of threads pertaining to BWW (not all 385, sorry). I did not see this door sign posted. I searched Morristown and found there to be one in TN and NJ. Considering that it appears the local BWW, according to Texas3006, are posted with some type of gun buster or non-compliant signs will you still spend hard earned money with a business that is so in-your-face anti-2A?
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Buffalo WW disregards 2A?

Post by WildBill »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:
BWW.jpg
I searched through several pages of threads pertaining to BWW (not all 385, sorry). I did not see this door sign posted. I searched Morristown and found there to be one in TN and NJ. Considering that it appears the local BWW, according to Texas3006, are posted with some type of gun buster or non-compliant signs will you still spend hard earned money with a business that is so in-your-face anti-2A?
The BWW in Webster has a similar non-compliant sign which I have ignored for quite a few years. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

The bottom of the door (Below the silver bar) looks photo-shopped. I call this photo as fake.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

I have seen non-compliant no gun signs at BWW. I am confident that one is fake.

Whoever photoshopped that was trying to make a statement. There's no need to create junk to take issue with in this day and time.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Been to one twice, invalid sign, will never return due to service so bad on both occasions first time over 1 hour wait second time about same. In fact only reason i went second time was wife had never been there.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I noticed that the sign was out of square with the door but was not sure if it was attached to the outside of the glass. Just knowing that corporate does bans weapons and the following article I can find myself wanting to believe it...

MANASSAS, VA (Manassas Patch) – Eight police officers were refused service at Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday, apparently because they had their weapons displayed.

The Prince William County Police officers were on duty, but were in plain clothes, said Daryl LaClair, a Prince William County resident who wrote a letter to the restaurant chain’s headquarters and started a public awareness campaign regarding the incident.

The group walked into the Buffalo Wild Wings located near Wellington Road and Market Street, but were refused service by an employee who said they had to secure the guns before they would be served.

The officers had their badges displayed but still weren’t served.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and for a different perspective.

If they welcomed crew served weapons and their food was free, I wouldn't go there.

You can call chicken wings something else, but they're still scrawny parts of a chicken (why aren't backs vaunted, that I generally throw in the trash, being the profligate American I am.

Chicken wings, blech...

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:I noticed that the sign was out of square with the door but was not sure if it was attached to the outside of the glass. Just knowing that corporate does bans weapons and the following article I can find myself wanting to believe it...

MANASSAS, VA (Manassas Patch) – Eight police officers were refused service at Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday, apparently because they had their weapons displayed.

The Prince William County Police officers were on duty, but were in plain clothes, said Daryl LaClair, a Prince William County resident who wrote a letter to the restaurant chain’s headquarters and started a public awareness campaign regarding the incident.

The group walked into the Buffalo Wild Wings located near Wellington Road and Market Street, but were refused service by an employee who said they had to secure the guns before they would be served.

The officers had their badges displayed but still weren’t served.

Do you realize that was almost 3 years ago and the management went and apologized to the cops because of the error?

Here's the deal, if they do not put up a Texas compliant sign, why make a big deal of it and publicize it. Either go there and eat if you want to or don't. Bringing it up only feeds those on both sides of the issue that seek to make an issue of such situations.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Abraham wrote:...and for a different perspective.

You can call chicken wings something else, but they're still scrawny parts of a chicken (why aren't backs vaunted, that I generally throw in the trash, being the profligate American I am.

Chicken wings, blech...
I agree with you there. I think chicken wings were invented to sell beer! I can see no other reason for their existence. If I liked beer I would just skip the wings and order beer. Maybe nachos but little scrawny chicken wings - Tendons mostly... Chickens dont fly, there is no meat there.

Also agree the sign is photo shopped.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G.A. Heath wrote:The bottom of the door (Below the silver bar) looks photo-shopped. I call this photo as fake.
TOTALLY photoshopped. :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Syntyr wrote:
Abraham wrote:...and for a different perspective.

Chicken wings, blech...
I agree with you there. I think chicken wings were invented to sell beer! I can see no other reason for their existence. If I liked beer I would just skip the wings and order beer. Maybe nachos but little scrawny chicken wings - Tendons mostly... Chickens dont fly, there is no meat there.

Also agree the sign is photo shopped.
Here is the true story of the origin of the Buffalo Wing. :tiphat:

If you had invented them you could eat filet mignon and drink Champagne every day. :mrgreen:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cult ... 72/?no-ist
Last edited by WildBill on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:The bottom of the door (Below the silver bar) looks photo-shopped. I call this photo as fake.

Yep no reflection in the lower portion and the edge of the sign is extended past the frame.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Yep no reflection in the lower portion and the edge of the sign is extended past the frame.
It's not even on the same perspective plane.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

How can you guys be talking Photoshop when we're talking wings? :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

How can you guys be talking Photoshop when we're talking wings? :shock:
Easy.... it's BWW, not real wings. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”