Employee Notice

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 2

Employee Notice

Post by jamminbutter »

My employer chose to send notifications via email versus having anything in our employee policy documents. They will terminate employment and request prosecution to fullest extent of the law.

Redacted to protect the not so innocent.

To: <redacted>

Beginning Jan. 1, individuals in Texas may carry a handgun openly or concealed in a holster if they are licensed by the State of Texas to do so (Concealed Handgun License). The law further specifies that businesses may restrict the carrying of any handguns or firearms on private property.
<redacted> has chosen to display signs that notify individuals they may not enter <redacted> property with a handgun that is carried openly, as provided for by section 30.07 of the law. This is in addition to the currently displayed signs prohibiting the concealed carry of handguns as provided for by section 30.06 of the law. Signs will be installed in all wholly owned facilities soon.

Our top priority is, and will remain, the physical safety of our patients, visitors, employees, volunteers and physicians on the medical staffs. No licensed to carry holder is allowed to carry a weapon in hospitals or clinics, including employees.

Should a person enter a <redacted> facility with a holstered handgun displayed, an employee should:
1. Remain calm.
2. Note the person’s appearance and location to convey to Security.
3. Notify <redacted> entity Security or a Security designee immediately.
4. <redacted> Security or senior leader should address the person in a professional manner, reminding them of the 30.07 sign, and <redacted> stance on carrying weapons.

Please refer to the Code Silver policy for more details on how to act if a person enters a <redacted> facility with a handgun which is not holstered. Questions should be directed to entity Security or to <redacted> director of Enterprise Risk Management.

C-dub

Re: Employee Notice

Post by C-dub »

When do the metal detectors go up? :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

allisji

Post by allisji »

Have they posted 30.06 and 30.07?

Just curious. If they haven't then they can still terminate per company policy, but not sure if you'd be committing a crime depending on whether or not you've truly been given effective notice.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

That's one effective way to pass the news to employees.
NRA Endowment Member

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

C-dub wrote:When do the metal detectors go up? :biggrinjester:
You don't get it, do you? The presence of signs means they don't need metal detectors. The sign makes a magical force field that instantly disintegrates all firearms within its building. /s
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

mr1337 wrote:
C-dub wrote:When do the metal detectors go up? :biggrinjester:
You don't get it, do you? The presence of signs means they don't need metal detectors. The sign makes a magical force field that instantly disintegrates all firearms within its building. /s
Those are really cool signs. :cool:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
jamminbutter

Post by jamminbutter »

allisji wrote:Have they posted 30.06 and 30.07?

Just curious. If they haven't then they can still terminate per company policy, but not sure if you'd be committing a crime depending on whether or not you've truly been given effective notice.
Yes, the signs have been updated at our corporate campus and some hospitals.

allisji

Post by allisji »

I work at a chemical plant, and we had all signs up early.

Our employee policy is that we can't even have guns in our car in the external parking lot unless we register our CHL with them and register the model and SN of any weapon that we might have in the car.

I'm sure that lots of people probably do keep a gun in their car, since it's not illegal with or without a CHL, however I went ahead and notified the company. Some day they'll need my gun. By the time the guard goes and bashes in my window and pries open my locked box under the seat the carnage may be already over.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”