Abilene Zoo allows open carry

Post by fasteddie »

Wow...finally a city owned zoo that knows how to read the laws... :txflag:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/local/ ... 83751.html

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Abilene Zoo allows open carry

Post by AF-Odin »

According to this morning's paper, so does Cameron Park Zoo in Waco.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

AF-Odin wrote:According to this morning's paper, so does Cameron Park Zoo in Waco.
Which paper? There is nothing in the Waco Trib. And frankly, who else would care? IIRC. the issue at Cameron Park Zoo is that they are posted TABC 51%.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

oohrah wrote:
AF-Odin wrote:According to this morning's paper, so does Cameron Park Zoo in Waco.
Which paper? There is nothing in the Waco Trib. And frankly, who else would care? IIRC. the issue at Cameron Park Zoo is that they are posted TABC 51%.
This.

I love this zoo. As a Baylor grad who takes his daughter here occasionally before games, I carried there anyway because that is clearly not correct signage (George's has the same problem!).

But if they finally got it right, I'll be thrilled.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Scott in Houston wrote:
oohrah wrote:
This.

I love this zoo. As a Baylor grad who takes his daughter here occasionally before games, I carried there anyway because that is clearly not correct signage (George's has the same problem!).

But if they finally got it right, I'll be thrilled.
We went there 4 times last year. I have yet to see a sign of any kind that would make me not carry there. If they are 51%, the few times a year they sell adult beverages I couldn't afford one cause they must be very pricey.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

I'll bet it was the Killeen paper. Their is a link on their website to a Texas Tribune article

http://kdhnews.com/news/texas/zoos-stru ... 25cf4.html

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”