Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

thetexan
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Almost went to jail!!!

Post by thetexan »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
PSTL*PAKR wrote:
mayor wrote:looks like an 8.5x11. I'd have told them i didn't notice something so small, apologized and left.
They gave me no warning when I went in. Cops got there beforwe I was able to order...

You said 20 minutes later. Was the line that long? I haven't seen a line that long in Luby's in many years.
Manager might of called the police. So they didnt bother cooking my food since they already knew police was on the way Im guessing
OP stated...

1. He went to Luby's
2. They didn't bother cooking his food
3. He didn't get a chance to order

Observation...

1. Luby's is a cafeteria, where you select from a cornucopia of already prepared food (and quite good I might add)
2. Except in the rarest of cases you don't ORDER food
3. Except in those rare cases Luby's doesn't COOK your ORDERED food, it's already cooked and in front of you.
4. This does not sound like a trip to Luby's

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

gljjt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gljjt »

amtank wrote:It serves no purpose to play lawyer for a business that posts the incorrect sign. If your concealed don't worry about it or leave, if your open cover up or leave. If a business in their foolishness posts anything you can either ignore them and go about your business elsewhere. Carrying openly into an establishment that clearly intends to communicate they don't want to see your gun isn't helping.
Or smart.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 23

Post by mojo84 »

winters wrote:The only part of the story that doesn't make sense was about ordering food and them not cooking it. Lubys is a cafeteria style, you stand in line and order whats infront of you. Since when did they have a menu you ordered from?

That's not the only part.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

goose
Posts in topic: 8

Post by goose »

mojo84 wrote:All of this discussion and angst as a result of a guy that has promoted CC over OC up until he posted this one thread.

Sure would like to see some verifiable info this actually happened. It would be a shame to spend this much time arguing amongst ourselves over a fabrication.

United we have a chance, divided we will fall.
I agree that he is likely a troll. I think now we are just discussing the nuances of the law. As we often do. OP is no longer relevant so much. He is the cause of the "what ifs" but I hope for most educational purposes folks are now just talking about when they might get in trouble themselves.

I think it is all part of the "shake out" period others have mentioned. Some are shaking out how far they want to push/nudge property owners in legal signs. I hope we nudge more than we push.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

WildBill
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WildBill »

Maybe he can't spell, but the OP said he went to Lubbys.
I Googled and couldn't find a Lubbys restaurant.
Last edited by WildBill on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

IsraelisJewish wrote:They may have had an "incorrect" sign up . . . but the intent of the sign was to notify oc folk to not oc in the restaurant. If you know the businesses intent I think that means one has been notified to not oc there. I wonder what pushing the envelope will really accomplish.
:iagree: Just as we are not all schooled in the various laws, neither are the sometimes underpaid and unappreciated LEO's. Why push the envelope? Take your money and your gun where both are welcome; IOW, cease your crusade and just deal with it.

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

How about cutting the OP some slack.

Has anyone else around here never made any mistakes?

Has anyone else around here never said something they regret?

Has anyone else ever changed their opinion? When they did were they lambasted for it?

Is calling someone a troll exhibiting a welcoming attitude?

Is any of this inviting open and honest discussion?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Distinguished Rick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Distinguished Rick »

OP, you have an authority issue it seems like. Your avatar says it all. Verbal is as good as written. I would heed the warning. I go to Lubys all the time....CONCEALED. Lots was made of OCing. From the things I have been reading I will stick with CC as I said all along. I don't buck authority just to prove a point. I pick and choose my battles. You might want to consider that and exercise better judgement.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

casp625 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
PSTL*PAKR wrote:
mayor wrote:looks like an 8.5x11. I'd have told them i didn't notice something so small, apologized and left.
They gave me no warning when I went in. Cops got there beforwe I was able to order...
You have been verbally warned now, so when you enter carrying openly again, you will have committed a Class A Misdemeanor. Something tells me Luby's, the police and the DA will prosecute to the full extent of the law. You will face one year in jail, a $4,000 fine and loss of your LTC for seven years.

Chas.
Is the law written to support that if OP does indeed open carry into the establishment, it is a now a Class A?? It would appear to me that a business would have to give verbal notice everytime before it becomes a Class A, hence the "on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property" they were given oral notice. It didn't read to me "before or after entering the property, if oral communication was ever given..." Class A would only apply on each particular and individual event, after entering the property, receiving oral communication, and failing to depart.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.
You may be correct, then again you may not be correct. The phrase "after entering the property . . ." does not say "on each occasion" or "initially entering" so it will be up to a judge, jury and eventually an appellate court. I do not see any of those folks saying that someone who habitually enters carrying openly gets a pass.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

anygunanywhere wrote:How about cutting the OP some slack.

Has anyone else ever changed their opinion? When they did were they lambasted for it?

This wasn't a mistake, it was a conscious decision to enter knowing he would be told to leave. Even after his interaction with the police, he stated he will go back and do the same thing. I also agree with others who do not believe that this event happened and that he's an anti-OC troll. With all of the responses posted and questions asked about the underlying facts, he hasn't posted again.

Chas.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

anygunanywhere wrote:How about cutting the OP some slack.

I've confessed to be being put in jail once upon a time. That was a half century ago and I learned then that following the rules was not necessarily a bad, or sissy, thing to do. I can't really speak for others.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mojo84 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There are some inconsistencies in this story that make me wonder if this actually happened. The OP stated he went into the restaurant, a cafeteria, and 20 minutes later the cops showed up. He then said said the cops showed up before he had a chance to order. Then he said they must not have cooked his food since the manager called the police.

Too many inconsistencies here for me to believe this event actually happened. I think I took the bait and got reeled up to the boat and threw the hook as the net approached me.

Further to my previous post regarding inconsistencies within this thread by the OP, I've looked back at his prior postings which demonstrate he is adamantly against open carry.

I believe he has an anti-OC agenda and he is playing us all like cheap fiddles. I am even more convinced the event in this thread did not happen. I encourage you all to review his prior comments and consider how he can't keep his story straight, even in this one thread.

We are making a mountain out of a molehill that did not exist.
I'm convinced mojo84 is absolutely correct. I did a quick search of his posts and the one quoted below is typical of his attitude toward open-carry. Couple this with his failure to respond to any comment in this multi-page thread he started and there's more reason to doubt this event ever occurred. It appears that his dislike of open-carry coupled with a total lack of anti-OC incidents prompted him to invent this story.

Chas.
PSTL*PAKR wrote:For all you OC people, get ready to get banned from carrying in a lot of places.....Why aren't people happy with CC?????? :roll:

Topic author
PSTL*PAKR
Posts in topic: 8

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There are some inconsistencies in this story that make me wonder if this actually happened. The OP stated he went into the restaurant, a cafeteria, and 20 minutes later the cops showed up. He then said said the cops showed up before he had a chance to order. Then he said they must not have cooked his food since the manager called the police.

Too many inconsistencies here for me to believe this event actually happened. I think I took the bait and got reeled up to the boat and threw the hook as the net approached me.

Further to my previous post regarding inconsistencies within this thread by the OP, I've looked back at his prior postings which demonstrate he is adamantly against open carry.

I believe he has an anti-OC agenda and he is playing us all like cheap fiddles. I am even more convinced the event in this thread did not happen. I encourage you all to review his prior comments and consider how he can't keep his story straight, even in this one thread.

We are making a mountain out of a molehill that did not exist.
I'm convinced mojo84 is absolutely correct. I did a quick search of his posts and the one quoted below is typical of his attitude toward open-carry. Couple this with his failure to respond to any comment in this multi-page thread he started and there's more reason to doubt this event ever occurred. It appears that his dislike of open-carry coupled with a total lack of anti-OC incidents prompted him to invent this story.

Chas.
PSTL*PAKR wrote:For all you OC people, get ready to get banned from carrying in a lot of places.....Why aren't people happy with CC?????? :roll:
I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

wnp2004
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wnp2004 »

:confused5

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”