How to report improper §30.06 signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 3

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Post by G.A. Heath »

I actually Interviewed Charles on this topic and CHLs United, the interview was on Friday and is scheduled for release tomorrow, but in light of this discussion I guess I can let everyone that reads this have a sneak peak, after all who is gonna punish me for breaking from the release schedule?

The entire episode can be found at http://traffic.libsyn.com/opencarryreport/GRIT-069.mp3
Just the portion with Charles can be found at: http://traffic.libsyn.com/opencarryrepo ... n-8-28.mp3
For those who don't want to download an MP3 there is a youtube version that has just a still image and the audio at youtu.be/D7XWEn2x7-k
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

Says the YouTube video is private.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Odd, it should be unlisted. I set to private and then back to unlisted and saved it. I hope it works for everyone now.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Speaking of 30.06 signs, I see frequent reference to a 30.07 sign. What exactly is a 30.07 sign and how does a 30.07 sign read? IOW, will I know it when I see it?

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Oldgringo wrote:Speaking of 30.06 signs, I see frequent reference to a 30.07 sign. What exactly is a 30.07 sign and how does a 30.07 sign read? IOW, will I know it when I see it?
It's a 30.06 but for open carry, you might see them before Jan. 1st, but they will have no meaning until then.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rex B »

StartleGram reports the Fort Worth Zoo has now got it'self designated as a 'day care center" so they can continue to bar CHLs.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/polit ... 47301.html

I sure hope they have to defend that in front of the AG. :mad5

On the plus side, the same article says Tarrant County is being proactive about finding incorrect signs and making them right. They mention the sign at the entrance to the Administration building, which sign has irked me for many years.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I'm glad to hear the ban pertains to all signs and not just 30.06 signs. We have some government owned buildings that have gunbuster and no weapons allowed signs. I'm ready to address them with the affidavit Charles is going to make available.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 9

Post by locke_n_load »

Rex B wrote:StartleGram reports the Fort Worth Zoo has now got it'self designated as a 'day care center" so they can continue to bar CHLs.

On the plus side, the same article says Tarrant County is being proactive about finding incorrect signs and making them right. They mention the sign at the entrance to the Administration building, which sign has irked me for many years.
The law says nothing about day cares. The law says that school premises are off limits. Day cares are not schools. Therefore, those signs should still be unenforceable as the property is city owned and someone should file a complaint come September 1st.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Rex B wrote:StartleGram reports the Fort Worth Zoo has now got it'self designated as a 'day care center" so they can continue to bar CHLs.

Their paperwork must not have gone through yet as a quick search for "Fort Worth" and "76109" don't turn up any results here:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care ... hild_Care/

They must be going through some pretty severe mental gymnastics to try to keep guns off of the property...

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

A zoo is a day care: For animals only!

DanD
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DanD »

Here is the link to the child care search result that comes up for the Fort Worth Zoo Education Center:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care ... id=1186859
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

DanD
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DanD »

From the child care search I did a search for Zoo and two entries came up. One for the Fort Worth Zoo Education Center and another one for the San Antonio Zoo School. Here is a link for the San Antonio Zoo School:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care ... id=1159019
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

Rex B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rex B »

So...if they are a registered child care facility, does that make it a school for 30.06 purposes?

Go through the procedure and make them justify it to the state?

Charles?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 9

Post by locke_n_load »

Child care facilities are not schools, even if they name it "San Antonio Zoo School". Those signs would still be unenforceable and should be brought up to the AG when that portal becomes available.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's obvious they are doing all they can to try and circumvent the law. There is always someone trying to bend, push, go around, or twist the limits. Hope it ends up costing them significantly if they keep it up.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”