Wallet Card

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Dalstar
Posts in topic: 2

Wallet Card

Post by Dalstar »

Does anyone know of a handy wallet card or something similar that details the prohibited areas for carrying?

Mx217
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wallet Card

Post by Mx217 »

My wallet card for this is my brain. Imbed the simple info deep within yours!

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Prohibited areas to remember
51%
Schools
Federal property
places with 30.06

Anymore than that, would be courts, or other special (and unusual) areas and if I am going somewhere unusual, if needed, I re-look at the rules.
Just remember the top 4, it will cover 99% of your travels
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

blackgold

Post by blackgold »

There are a few smartphone apps. I think ccw is one.
Brian

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

You forgot to add professional sporting events they are off limits to concealed carry
Avoid any land that is owned or controled by the Army Corpse of engineers this includes lakes
that are under their control even if you are in a boat Lake Whitney is an example of this there are many others check before youu go
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Kyle L

Post by Kyle L »

I think a polling place is off limits as well. Not positive but I think I remember that from CHL class.

Can anyone confirm that for me?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Kyle L wrote:I think a polling place is off limits as well. Not positive but I think I remember that from CHL class.

Can anyone confirm that for me?
Yes they are. Here is a good list
 A place of business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption
 On premises of a correctional facility
 On the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
 On the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event of interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event
On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
 racetrack; secured area of an airport
 In any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court.
 *on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
 *On the premises of a Hospital licensed under the Health and Safety Code
 *On the premises of a nursing home licensed under the Health and Safety Code
 *Amusement parks. Amusement Parks means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
 Public or private premises conspicuously posted with a 30.06 Sign that meets criteria (does not include city or state government buildings unless already prohibited or a posted meeting).
 Items above marked * Do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

I can't imagine a readable wallet card that'd contail all the stipulations, wherefores, therefores, ifs, ands, and buts of all jurisdictions.

I have a TEXAS CHL and a UTAH CHL. That covers about 3 dozen states. Individual localities, church, restaurant, or golf courses may have 'prohibited' signage that may, or may not, carry weight. I don't know.

MO has a carry law that I comply with. Yet, when I boarded a train, I was told that firearms carry was prohibited. Point is, what was I supposed to do with the postol? Give it to an AMTRAC Conducter to hold in safekeeping 'till we got back?

Its a convoluted can of worms that defy straingtening out.

My solution is 'concealed'.

salty

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

 *on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

Doesn't the above now have to be posted with 30.06 otherwise its legal to carry? I thought its been changed.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra

Post by jmra »

nightmare69 wrote: *on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

Doesn't the above now have to be posted with 30.06 otherwise its legal to carry? I thought its been changed.
Read the bottom line:
 Items above marked * Do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rockinar

Post by rockinar »

Dalstar wrote:Does anyone know of a handy wallet card or something similar that details the prohibited areas for carrying?
Why do you need a card? Did you not just take the class? Maybe you should not be carrying.

They are pretty obvious places.

Bar
Jail
School
Church
Hospital
Racetrack
Inside Airport
Amusement park
Government building

Topic author
Dalstar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dalstar »

rockinar wrote:
Dalstar wrote:Does anyone know of a handy wallet card or something similar that details the prohibited areas for carrying?
Why do you need a card? Did you not just take the class? Maybe you should not be carrying.

They are pretty obvious places.

Bar
Jail
School
Church
Hospital
Racetrack
Inside Airport
Amusement park
Government building
To be such a smart alec, your list isn't very accurate. In some of the places you listed, you can carry if not given notice. You forgot any collegiate, pro or interscholastic sporting event and polling places.

Return to “New to CHL?”