First multi state trip with the CHL

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Stumpjumper
Posts in topic: 1

First multi state trip with the CHL

Post by Stumpjumper »

Recieved my CHL one week before we went on vacation to Florida. The day before we left I recieved my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I strapped on the Supertuck and started the drive stopping in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and ultimately Florida just so I could say I carried my gun in all the states. Went into restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores. It was definitely very different as I was used to looking for 30.06 signs. Used the travelers guide and web research to make sure I didn't do anything illegal. Love the Crossbreed but I definitely learned that 8+ hours driving with a gun in your pants is way to much. The return trip was much more comfortable as the gun was not in my pants. All in all a successful trip. Made it all the way to Florida before my mom asked if I was carrying my gun. Pulled up the shirt and she freaked out. HAHA. :coolgleamA:
What chance does America have if good people do nothing?

speedsix

Re: First multi state trip with the CHL

Post by speedsix »

...and THAT'S what I like about the South!!! :thumbs2:

Ftak

Post by Ftak »

I would be certain I knew the rules for the states which you are traveling. You could find yourself in trouble with other states & there guidelines on carrying weapons.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Ftak wrote:I would be certain I knew the rules for the states which you are traveling. You could find yourself in trouble with other states & there guidelines on carrying weapons.
He did...... :roll:
Used the travelers guide and web research to make sure I didn't do anything illegal.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “New to CHL?”