Best carry holster for Glock 36?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MikeM
Posts in topic: 2

Best carry holster for Glock 36?

Post by MikeM »

Need some advice on a good holster for concealed carry of a Glock 36. Would prefer an in-pant type holster but have heard some come concern about doing that due to a lack of a separate safety from the trigger. Would appreciate any recommendations on in or out carry, position, and type holster.
Thanks!

Quahog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best carry holster for Glock 36?

Post by Quahog »

MikeM wrote:Need some advice on a good holster for concealed carry of a Glock 36. Would prefer an in-pant type holster but have heard some come concern about doing that due to a lack of a separate safety from the trigger. Would appreciate any recommendations on in or out carry, position, and type holster.
Thanks!
Give Crossbreed a try... they make a very comfortable IWB holster. You can check them out on http://www.crossbreed.com. I use a SuperTuck Deluxe that seems to fit my Glock 22, 19, and 26 all very well.
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

STI Shooter

Post by STI Shooter »

Not sure about IWB carry for your G36, but if you decide to go with OWB carry, I have a great deal on a De Santis holster and mag pouch. Send me a PM if interested. Good Luck. :txflag:

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

If you are OK with Kydex (which I like) you might consider this one from Sidearmor.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

For IWB, the crossbreed/mtac type holster is one of your best options.
I support the right to arm bears.

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

I carry a G36 all day, every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Best IWB holster out there IMO. Also recommend the Wilderness Instructors belt. I carry 14-16 hours a day. I think you will be very pleased.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Comfort Carry http://www.concealedtechnology.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uses Comp-Tac clips, so you can use Velcro or C clips or any of those clips

IMHO, Better than a Crossbreed because: Next to skin is smooth horsehide (denser than cowhide/leather for sweat)
Next to gun is smooth leather.

So, my 1st choice in those price ranges is Comfort Carry, 2nd choice is Comp-Tac, 3rd choice is Crossbreed or Kholster (depending if you want smooth side next to skin or next to gun) .... for more money better is "The Answer" or "Silent Thunder" models by Tucker gunleather, lined and even can get lined kydex so it draws silently with leather instead of kydex touching the gun (and made in Texas).
Wait a week to order, he's building me 4 more this week :biggrinjester:
Last edited by RPB on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Crossbreed - - - There's an S&W M&P 40 on my hip as I type this I hardly know its there.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

PJK

Post by PJK »

I daily carry a Glock 26 IWB with my shirt tucked in using an MTAC holster. It does not matter if it is a t-shirt, golf shirt or dress shirt, they all tuck in and become virtually invisible. In the 8 months I have been using it, I have never been called out, and I cannot rave enough about how much I like this holster. It holds the gun firm, and allows you to adjust how much it grips. I always have a round chambered and never worry about the lack of a Glock safety. Here is a link to the one I have. They have some slightly less expensive models that I hear great things about as well. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I really recommend the MTAC from Comp-Tac. It is very comparable to the CrossBread, which is also a great holster. There are two reasons I prefer the Comp-Tac. First, it is made in Texas whereas the CrossBread is made in Missouri. I prefer to keep my money in Texas when possible. :txflag: Second, they do have local dealers. You can look at the link above to find one local to you. I don't see where you are from, but if you are in Houston you should head over to Collectors Firearms and ask for Alex. He is their Holster expert. He will spend some time with you and make sure you get the right holster.

"Why are there mass shootings in gun free zones? The same reason there are non at gun ranges"

STI Shooter

Post by STI Shooter »

So which holster did you buy? :drool:

Topic author
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Thanks for all the excellent input! I purchased a Crossbreed Supertuck with horsehide. :patriot:

Return to “New to CHL?”