Female in need of CC suggestions for .40

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
cwohardy

Female in need of CC suggestions for .40

Post by cwohardy »

I am your average size female (not skinny/not big) and can not find a holster for my .40 when it comes to anything other than bulky winter type clothes. What the heck am I supposed to do now that the weather is warming up?

It will suck if I have to go to my BUG (.380) just to be able to CC :banghead:

Any links/suggestions appreciated

Topic author
cwohardy

Re: Female in need of CC suggestions for .40

Post by cwohardy »

btw, I am too clumsy to carry in the small of my back. My nickname is "Grace"

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

WElcome aboard. WE have 2 very compatent lady Mods that carry all the time.
Crossfire & CompVest. They should be along tonight or in the morning.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

I will eagerly await their advice!

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

What type of .40 are you carrying, or rather, leaving at home? I have a female friend that carries a Kahr CW40 in a non tucking IWB (maybe a galco scout). She is about 5'2" and on the slim side, she just wears blouses that, well "blouse" or looser tee shirts and no one is the wiser.

Topic author
cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

Springfield XD

Ropin

Post by Ropin »

I carry an XDM .40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I don't worry at all about printing with it. I have it at about 330-400.

You might consider that sort of design.
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

Ropin wrote:I carry an XDM .40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I don't worry at all about printing with it. I have it at about 330-400.

You might consider that sort of design.
:iagree: Yep, check out the Crossbreed Supertuck, I also use one for my XDm 40, and I ordered another one a few weeks ago for my new 1911.

I would post a link, but right now Google is advising their website is infected with malware.
NRA Life member, TSRA member

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
--Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

One thing to consider is the Walther PPS in .40S&W http://www.walther-pps.com/. I don't own one myself, but I've heard favorable things about them. Would love to see if others had some experiences to report on this pistol.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

sixline

Post by sixline »

I'll 2nd (or third) the Crossbreed Super Tuck. I have one for my Beretta 9mm and one for a Bersa 380. Great holster and totally concealable. It's quite comfortable after you've worn it in a bit. The leather is a little stiff at first but forms to your hip quickly.

It's also nice to be able to adjust the height and cant of the gun, which the Crossbreed enable you to do.

Def check them out!

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

If you don't want the rough scratchy uncomfortable side of leather next to your skin (Crossbreed Supertuck...It's quite comfortable after you've worn it in a bit.)

Try:

Comfort Carry Deluxe; Smooth leather next to the XD + smooth Horsehide next to the skin Order to fit the XD or XD SubCompact
http://www.jndtactical.com/deluxe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or, Comp-Tac Minotaur, smooth leather next to gun, smooth leather liner covering the hardware next to the skin. (A TEXAS COMPANY)
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPa ... Csid=4cbc4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or for more money, if you want what many consider the best and original ... Tucker Gunleather's The Answer ... Smooth leather next to the XD, a liner next to the skin; AND for $15.00 you can even order with leather lining inside the Kydex for a quieter draw and more protection for the finish on your XD, so it isn't scraping against plastic/kydex all the time. (A TEXAS COMPANY)
http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/answeriwbs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 am, edited 13 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

What do you think about a shoulder holster? I have a very nice rig that I'm thinking about selling. I don't know how well a shoulder holster works with the female form but it conceals with just a loose cover shirt.

Send me a PM if your interested, it's custom fit for the XD.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Topic author
cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

Cosmo 9 wrote:What do you think about a shoulder holster? I have a very nice rig that I'm thinking about selling. I don't know how well a shoulder holster works with the female form but it conceals with just a loose cover shirt.

t

All my shirts for summer are just to tight.......... :shock:

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

cwohardy wrote:
Cosmo 9 wrote:What do you think about a shoulder holster? I have a very nice rig that I'm thinking about selling. I don't know how well a shoulder holster works with the female form but it conceals with just a loose cover shirt.

t

All my shirts for summer are just to tight.......... :shock:
The secret to successful CC both summer and winter is to "dress around the gun." Women have some problems that men either don't have or they don't care about. The biggest problem I see for women is fashion. Women care more about fashion than most men. The next problem is the female form, a woman generally can't successfully use a holster that's designed for a man. Most holsters designed for men when used by a woman has the butt of the gun pressed into the wearers side and the muzzle sticking out at an angle. There is a plethora of good designs for men unfortunately the choices for women is sadly lacking.

You didn't say how you want to carry that XD I presume you are looking for some kind of belt carry either inside or outside waistband. There are other options, purse carry, fanny pack, etc. none are as comforting as having your gun at your fingertips. Talk to some women who have been carrying for a while and see what they use and how they do it.

Another option is to have a holster maker build a holster for you that's what I did for my wife.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

+1 for Comp-Tac M-TAC

Return to “New to CHL?”