Legal Question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
uurys
Posts in topic: 1

Legal Question

Post by uurys »

I have searched the forum and elsewhere, but I can't get a confirmation on this one way or the other.

I am planning on applying for my CHL very soon so I prescreened myself to see if there would be any problems. Being that I live in Fort Worth, I checked with the Tarrant County DA's office and the FWPD to see if there might be any issues I was unaware of.

The Tarrant County query resulted in zero items, but the FWPD said they have an arrest warrant for me from a traffic violation from 5 years ago.

OOPS! My bad. I remember the incident. I ran a red light. I did it, I was guilty and then I didn't take care of it. IDIOT! Honestly I had forgotten all about it.

Well, I want to take care of it ASAP, and will do so next week.
But what I don't know is this; If a Class C Misdemeanor goes to warrant is the charge then elevated? If I don't actually get arrested for it does it remain a Class C even though a warrant was issued? Will the issuance of warrants that are never served cause a problem in the acceptance of a CHL application?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this is a rehash of previous questions.

KaleS

Post by KaleS »

I had a simular thing... but in Dallas, a warrent for an unpaid traiifc violation. I just went in and paid the fine. Two weeks later took the class and now I have my CHL. Traffic tickets are class C and should not effect your getteing a CHL. Now maybe I was the luck one in a million.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

This is not legal advice, but I suggest that you bring enough CASH with you to fully pay the ticket when you go in to take care of it. Someone that I know went in to "check on his ticket" and they put him in jail. They let him out 18 hours later when his dad bailed him out! :cry:
NRA Endowment Member

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

A Class C stays a Class C, even if it goes to warrant. It will not keep you from getting your CHL.

But, you should still pay the ticket. Then take the class, and get your license.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “New to CHL?”