Post by bdickens »

Unzip.
Byron Dickens

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Managing your gear in bathrooms - a practical question

Post by jerry_r60 »

BigGuy wrote:
nightmare69 wrote: Your a man that sits to pee? I have some bad news bro....
The bad news for me was the cancer diagnosis. The good news was that I had an option other than dying. The OEM bladder, which is basically a ball of muscle, is gone replaced by a third party component made from some spare small intestine. (Think sausage skin.) An interesting and probably little known fact about abut the small intestine is that it is a mucus membrane. (Just like your sinus.)
No pressure and a particularly viscous effluent means I sit.
Some things will put pride in perspective. I've lost the insecurity that causes me to make things harder just to satisfy some false sense of pride. And that has carried into other areas of my life as well. If sitting down makes things easier, be it bodily functions or concealing your EDC, my advice is, "have a seat."
I do keep paper towels in my pockets. I always grab some from the towel dispenser as I head for the stall. If there isn't one, or it's empty, I've got some in my pants pocket. A small bottle of hand sanitized goes a long way toward alleviating the concerns about what has happened on that seat before you got there. Just my ¢2.
There is more wisdom in this post than just how to deal with EDC. I appreciate you sharing.

Chuck 500

Post by Chuck 500 »

Big Guy's post sure puts things in perspective.

My main concern in the stall isn't that some one will see the gun, it's that I may drop it in the toilet! Now THAT would be awkward. :oops:

Ruger3

Post by Ruger3 »

Have not had a problem with a belt and N82 Tactical Pro holster carried at a little past 3:00. I carry an LC9, a bigger gun, "might" try to flip but not even a hint of it and I'm just using a cheap walmart belt from sporting goods for now. BTW, I'm female so just unzipping is not an option, LOL.
Ruger LC9
CHL class - April 29, 2013
Application mailed - May 20, 2013
PLASTIC! - June 22, 2013

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

If I have to sit then I'll often use the handicapped stall and stuff the gun into the metal assist rail (if the gap is small enough to hold it). If I can't use that stall then I just fold it into my pants. Standing isn't much of an issue since I've never had pants without some sort of zipper/button fly however I usually position myself on the far right urinal so that if someone decides to take a courtesy glance they can't see a second gun. :lol::
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I find it humorous that is is usually males that find this challenging.... At least y'all often have an "option" to stand, LOL! :biggrinjester: Now add a busy toddler (thank goodness I don't have one or more of these) and I salute the momma's of little ones that carry! :tiphat: The biggest issue I find is when the door won't stay shut, so you have to organize keeping the door shut among the other business you are there to attend to.

ETA after reading a couple posts added while I was adding this. A good belt is a must! I have had much more trouble with my .380 trying to flip than my 9mm. It is the LOUDEST sound when a Sig flips onto the tile. This taught me a pincher grip I use when settling in. :oops:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

texxasguy

Post by texxasguy »

When out and in need to sit in the RR I do this. I undo my belt and then loop the end into the last belt loop on that side and pull it tight. that holds the gun/holster in place without having to drop it the floor. When finished, button up and undo the loop you made.

psycho_bob42

Post by psycho_bob42 »

Just visit one of the newer Buc-ees gas stations where the stalls are more like seperate rooms with real walls and a door that locks with a dead bolt. Best gun friendly gas station ever!

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

If I have to sit and the wall to my right doesn't go all the way to the floor, I kinda hook the "belt" of my underwear over the grip of my gun.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “New to CHL?”