Concealment garments?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

bkridel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bkridel »

Braden Wrote:
My G22 (OWB) is concealed with nothing more than an untucked polo shirt or t-shirt.
Braden - which holster do you carry. Just curious - I just got my Galco concealable high ride in the mail today for my G17 - thanks - BLake
XD40 Service
Glock 17 9mm
Ruger 10/22 hellfire trigger

"It's not how you play, it's the final score."

too-tall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by too-tall »

Baytown wrote:By the way, yall, my earlier post was a joke and would have expected some :roll: or :lol: , at least a :P .

I too am bored and sitting at a bank.

Glenn
Hey I am 6-2, 290lbs and I carry anything I want and I dont execise either. If it works for you, it works for me....LOL

Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

Pecos
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Concealment garments?

Post by Pecos »

Baytown I actually followed you advice!!! Now LOOK at ME!!! "rlol" :smash:

Actually I wear an untusked shirt thats a little long or an over sized T-Shirt. I carry a Glock 17 gen 4 in a belt slide holster & it conceals well.
Im not sure about na vest in this south texas heat. My look ovious. Any suggestions for summer vest that are long enough to cover? :tiphat:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

I wear a Wrangler square cut bottom over a t-shirt, owb holster works very well :tiphat:
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Pecos wrote:Baytown I actually followed you advice!!! Now LOOK at ME!!! "rlol" :smash:

Actually I wear an untusked shirt thats a little long or an over sized T-Shirt. I carry a Glock 17 gen 4 in a belt slide holster & it conceals well.
Im not sure about na vest in this south texas heat. My look ovious. Any suggestions for summer vest that are long enough to cover? :tiphat:

An 8+ year-old thread . . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RPBrown

Re:

Post by RPBrown »

dws1117 wrote:Although I don't have the CHL yet I do wear my gun at home. It seems a good time to see what will and won't work for me and my activity. So for my best results have come with an untucked button down shirt over a t-shirt. For my little revolver I can do IWB or OWB. With the 1911 or CZ-75 IWB or OWB in winter (if we ever get one) with a coat.

Good for you. I have been recommending this to newbe's for years now.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Wrangler western vest for casual or dress 365.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

longtooth wrote:Wrangler western vest for casual or dress 365.

:thumbs2: Except part of the time its my black leather motorcycle vest.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Goto a Cavenders store and find the Llaro brand shirts...they are solid colors in khaki, hunter green, red, white, etc. they are inexpensive and give you a range of colors in a given cut of shirt. I heavy starch my jeans and shirts. I wear it tucked around my crossbreed on Sunday morning, then untuck, unbutton and roll the sleeves up. The starch keeps it from flapping so much to the point where I wear my gun outside my t-shirt at about 5o'clock without worries. The starch lets you get a few more wearings out of it before you need to have it cleaned again, just tumble the tuck wrinkles out in the dryer for about 5 minutes and hang it back up.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Imagethey have the same shirts in both long and short sleeves and they starch up well. They have plaid patterns also in the short sleeves and they are a thinner material. Most all of these shirts are right around the $25 range.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

chane

Re:

Post by chane »

Braden wrote:nothing more than an untucked polo shirt or t-shirt.
:iagree:

x2 and no one has given me a second look. Its too dang hot to wear a cover shirt. My shirts are generally loose so my wardrobe has not changed. I only worry when its windy out and might keep a hand in my front pocket to keep my shirt from moving. Even if I lean forward and reveal a bump through my t-shirt I don't think anyone out in public will run up and poke my bump asking what the heck is that. Only other like minded folk will know what it might be. :eek6

equin

Post by equin »

In the summer time, I've worn a few of the "guayavera" or "guayabera" shirts popular with the older men in the Caribbean, the Phillippinnes, southern Mexico and Cuba. They're naturally a bit baggy and airy, so they help keep you cool while also helping to conceal. I've noticed that the white colored ones, though, are a bit see through, so the few that I have are olive drab, red, etc. There's a store at one of the San Antonion malls that sells them. And the Minyard's grocery store in Lancaster (just south of Dallas) sells them, too. I imagine you can also get them at some of the Mexican bazaars or just order them from online vendors. Here's what they look like:

Ed

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I say a lite summer safari Vest with a lot of pockets & long enough to cover a OWB holser It tan & will blend in with my everyday dress without being ovious.
I saw it on line -Im going to check it out Saturday hope it in store stock. :txflag:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

sunny beach
Banned

Post by sunny beach »

Has anybody tried a thigh holster under a kilt during the Summer?

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

equin wrote:In the summer time, I've worn a few of the "guayavera" or "guayabera" shirts popular with the older men in the Caribbean, the Phillippinnes, southern Mexico and Cuba. They're naturally a bit baggy and airy, so they help keep you cool while also helping to conceal. I've noticed that the white colored ones, though, are a bit see through, so the few that I have are olive drab, red, etc. There's a store at one of the San Antonion malls that sells them. And the Minyard's grocery store in Lancaster (just south of Dallas) sells them, too. I imagine you can also get them at some of the Mexican bazaars or just order them from online vendors. Here's what they look like:

[ Image ]

In similar vein Cedar Park Dad can be scene in his styling Hawaiian shirt, strolling the neighborhood with a mug of coffee and a really really really slow ancient wiener dog day or night (mostly night with this heat). If its not bright enough to make airliners veer off course its not bright enough! :thewave

Return to “New to CHL?”