Hello to this forum

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
kountzer
Posts in topic: 1

Hello to this forum

Post by kountzer »

I am new to the forum and relatively new to firearms. I served an enlistment in the U.S. Coast Guard years ago. I fired my first pistol then, and I haven't used one since, except once at a firing range. That was years ago as well. I am thinking about getting a CHL. Everyone seems to have one. I want to see what it is all about. I work for DPS, in a driver license office. I do not work in the division of the agency that handles CHL.
I've never owned a firearm, but I may buy one. If I am going to get a chl I am probably going to need a fire arm, right? Basically I am trying to learn as much as I can about the subject.
DB aka kountzer N Houston

txhighlander

Re: Hello to this forum

Post by txhighlander »

Welcome to the forum, there are a great bunch of people here with lots of knowledge to gain from. Enjoy and happy learning.
Truth against the world

marinemom

Post by marinemom »

welcome! :patriot:
Semper Fi

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Welcome kountzer.

Keep reading the forum and asking questions and you can learn.

You will need a handgun to take your CHL class. Depending on where you take the class, you can borrow or rent one. I would suggest trying out some different models and makes of guns before you buy one.
NRA Endowment Member

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

WildBill wrote:Welcome kountzer.

Keep reading the forum and asking questions and you can learn.

You will need a handgun to take your CHL class. Depending on where you take the class, you can borrow or rent one. I would suggest trying out some different models and makes of guns before you buy one.
:iagree: Good solid advice!
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

packa45

Post by packa45 »

I would sugggest figuring out your method of carry(inside the waist, outside the waist, appendix, small of the back, shoulder rig etc..) test your ability with several different handguns( full size compact sub compact etc...) and go with your gut instinct of what you feel comfortable carrying and using.

Happy testing and good luck with your CHL

Welcome to the forum.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard. State your location & some of us will be willing to let you shoot some.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “New to CHL?”