CHL class in DFW

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
dolanp
Posts in topic: 5

CHL class in DFW

Post by dolanp »

I have a relative with a CHL locally and he got his training at the Bullet Trap in Plano. He recommended them to me and I am leaning towards using them as my instructor since their price includes all of the photographs and fingerprinting necessary to send your packet into the DPS. I know of the Collin County Gun Range as well. Are there any other good instructors in the Dallas and North/Northeast Dallas area that you folks know of? Fort Worth is probably a bit too far for me as I am located between Denton and McKinney, a bit north of The Colony.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

357sig
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 357sig »

Go with the Bullet Trap. My wife & I got ours there & have renewed twice there. We are also a long time member. They will treat you right. Ken
"I live in peace, but I carry a piece anyway...."

Topic author
dolanp

Post by dolanp »

Good to hear. Thanks for replying.

Topic author
dolanp

Post by dolanp »

Finally signed up and will be taking the class at the Bullet Trap next Saturday. 'Bout time!

Topic author
dolanp

Post by dolanp »

Finished up my class last Saturday and did my range qualification and fingerprinting on Monday. All in all it was a good experience and I recommend the folks at Bullet Trap. They take care of you and answer any questions and are very knowledgeable folks. I'll be sending in my packet today and will commence the dreaded waiting period. :)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Congratulations! Welcome to the club (almost).

Chas.

Topic author
dolanp

Post by dolanp »

Thanks! I hope it doesn't take too long, I've heard they are backlogged there...

k100rs

Another DFW

Post by k100rs »

CHL Instructor I highly recommend is Pro-Count, Inc. at
http://www.chl-tx.com/
Howard is an excellent instructor in Plano and offers evening classes for those of us who are gainfully employed during the week.

BenGoodLuck

Texas Handgun Academy

Post by BenGoodLuck »

http://www.texashandgunacademy.com

I took my class with them mainly because they offer a Thursday class (noon to 10 pm) every week and it also cost only $95 including everything. The instructor, Carl Grissom, was excellent.

10201 Plano Road
Dallas, TX 75238
214-340-3101
N.W. corner of Plano Rd and LBJ

From their web-site: "The cost of the Texas Concealed Handgun License Class is $95.00. This price includes us notarizing your affidavits, taking your photos, taking your fingerprints on the DPS and the FBI fingerprint cards, the classroom fee, and the range fee. If you want to qualify with your handgun, bring your UNLOADED handgun and TWO BOXES of ammunition to class. If you want to qualify with one of our handguns, we will furnish you a semi-automatic handgun and two boxes of ammunition for $20.00. Texas Concealed Handgun License Classes are held on EVERY SATURDAY from 8 AM to 7 PM and EVERY THURSDAY from 12 Noon to 10 PM"

Return to “New to CHL?”