The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
retredleg
Posts in topic: 1

Newbie here from N. FW

Post by retredleg »

Hello to all.

Joined the forum couple weeks ago and have learned a lot from you guys already. Took my CHL Class 5/4/09 and mailed off my packet this morning (I'm in the waiting room now). I'm retired Army ('98 - Field Artillery) and currently work in Grapevine, TX at a Honda motorcycle dealership.

Love: God, Family, Texas and fishing & shooting. I just recently got back into handguns again and I'm so glad I did. I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 S&W that I am very pleased with - also have a Bersa Thunder .380, but that will soon go to my wife as soon as she is ready.

Holding on to my Bible, guns and money! Glad to be here!

WildBill

Re: Newbie here from N. FW

Post by WildBill »

retredleg wrote:Hello to all.

Joined the forum couple weeks ago and have learned a lot from you guys already. Took my CHL Class 5/4/09 and mailed off my packet this morning (I'm in the waiting room now). I'm retired Army ('98 - Field Artillery) and currently work in Grapevine, TX at a Honda motorcycle dealership.

Love: God, Family, Texas and fishing & shooting. I just recently got back into handguns again and I'm so glad I did. I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 S&W that I am very pleased with - also have a Bersa Thunder .380, but that will soon go to my wife as soon as she is ready.

Holding on to my Bible, guns and money! Glad to be here!
Welcome to the forum retredleg! Your post reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw earlier this week. "I am holding on to my Bible, Guns and Money. You can keep the Change!"
NRA Endowment Member

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

Welcome I am in same boat as you. I am in Keller had my class on the 2nd in roanoke and just mailed it a few days ago, not retired but former Army recon.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

MTICop

Post by MTICop »

Welcome to the forum.
Adversity doesn't build character....it reveals it.

USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Rocket_Cowboy

Post by Rocket_Cowboy »

Howdy!

MajorJeff

Post by MajorJeff »

I live just south of Keller in N. FW. I also attended Crossfire class in Roanoke and I really liked it. I retired from the TXARNG in December 2005.
:patriot:
03/21/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/23/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/25/09 -- Packet received by DPS
04/30/09 -- PIN received
06/09/09 -- Application Complete - license issued or certificate active
06/10/09 -- Plastic in hand

bryang

Post by bryang »

Welcome to the forum, retredleg and MajorJeff! :tiphat:

I think you will enjoy the good folks on this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge here and the willingness to help.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

hurst_guy

Post by hurst_guy »

I'm new to the forum also. I received my license Saturday the 16th of this month :hurry:. I read the forum most every night and thought I would add my 2 cents. Really there's so much info here it's unbelievable.

bryang

Post by bryang »

Welcome to the forum, hurst_guy, glad you came on board. :tiphat:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

mightyjohn

Post by mightyjohn »

Very Cool good to see other folks in my neck of the woods. I'm in Watauga and am also new to the board.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

mightyjohn wrote:Very Cool good to see other folks in my neck of the woods. I'm in Watauga and am also new to the board.
We seem to have many in our area, If the cost/availability of rounds ever get under control we should all plan on a range day.

Watauga 911 story- I was leaving the Golden Coral one evening and was almost hit by a man, the was the worst drunk driver I have ever seen even on TV, he almost caused 2-3 collisions well I followed him called 911 got FT Worth 911 they connect me to Keller, only to be told it was Watauga now, connected to Watauga and they say "Can you hold for a real emergency" Oh ok, well they never got back to me before we went into Ft Worth jurisdiction at which time the Ft Worth dispatcher said I could stop following the police were en-route. This was about a 5 mile stretch of road and the entire time the guy is driving over the white lane divider in 2 lanes and not a single police car anywhere to be seen.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mightyjohn

Post by mightyjohn »

suthdj wrote:
mightyjohn wrote:Very Cool good to see other folks in my neck of the woods. I'm in Watauga and am also new to the board.
We seem to have many in our area, If the cost/availability of rounds ever get under control we should all plan on a range day.

No kidding. Ammo is super hard to get a hold of lately. I do have a couple hundred rounds if anyone wants to go pop some off... Sounds like "blast"

Return to “New to CHL?”