First Week

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Doc K
Posts in topic: 1

First Week

Post by Doc K »

After one week of holding my CHL, I have carried constantly everyday throughout my “pants-wearing-hours”. I have had only minimal self-consciousness of having a weapon on me. I work with a dress shirt and tie, without a coat. I am very close to people all day.

What I’m carrying:
Kahr PM9. People on the internet have a lot of opinions about this little gun. My experience was that it was very finicky at first. Improvement came between 3 to 5 hundred rounds. Now I feel it is very reliable. (100%??? …I think it is as close to perfect as my XD, Kimber and Colt semi-auto pistols.)

How I’m carrying:
Front right pocket in a leather pocket holster. This causes a 4.5 by 5.75 inch rectangular print which is very noticeable. My pocket PC is in my left front pocket and causes a 3.5 by 5 inch rectangular print, also. This probably looks pretty geeky, but it works for me.

Ammo:
Cor-Bon PowRBall

Mental Awareness:
Condition Yellow (more consistently than in the past)

P.S. - We had a Condition Orange last night while leaving the office, but...
...things were just a little different than a week or two ago.
I wouldn't call it peace of mind, but I might call it a little "Kahr Insurance". ;-)

bryang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Week

Post by bryang »

It sounds like you have got it down pretty good, doc. You have found what works for you and you feel comfortable with it, that's great!

I like your mental awareness; condition yellow...just keep that mind set and not slip into condition white and you will do great.

Good job on your first week and we are looking forward to many, many more good weeks to come. :thumbs2:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Return to “New to CHL?”