His name is Frank Bullitt and I have his car...

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: His name is Frank Bullitt and I have his car...

Post by AEA »

I don't think it will "buff right out" but I do believe it is repairable. Certainly worth it for that vehicle........

I would suggest that you get your insurance company to declare it "Totaled" and then buy it back from them for cheap!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

That would be a good idea. If it had been insured at the time. It had been in storage for the past 6 years. We just pulled it out on a Friday with plans to start restoring it. It was hit on Sunday. My insurance company wouldn't insure it because it wasn't in my name. It was my first car, and still in my mom's name. She signed over the title to me, but we hadn't made it down town to officially have the title changed yet, so it was uninsurable at the time according to my insurance company. We'd tried to get it insured the Friday we got it out. It was too late that day to go change the title and get back to my insurance company's office. We were going Monday morning to have it changed and then I was going to insure it that afternoon. Had I checked earlier with my insurance company, I would have done all that stuff, THEN, pulled it out of storage. I really thought it would be OK for a few days. Hindsight is 20/20. Our home owners policy paid $800 because it was parked in front of the house. The drunk that hit it had no insurance, no drivers license, and several previous DWI arrests. Bad incident all around.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:You guys are making me miss my Mustang!!! It was recently totaled for me while parked in front of the house. Hit by a drunk driver with no license, no insurance, no nothing. Went to court, but nothing's happened with it yet. :cry: Wiping tears now just thinking about it! I got her when I was 16. ::sniffle::
Dont total it!!!! It can be rebuilt. I hate to see legendary cars like that go to the crusher. Ive seen cars in worse shape restored. Yeah it will take alot of time, blood and sweat, not to mention $$, but like you said, you had it since you were 16. Please tell me it isnt going to the crusher.
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Oh Yeah, Welcome to the room. Keep that Stang. I had a 68 when I was younger and I feel your pain. Is that a 66 or 67? I presently have an 06 GT. Similar, faster, but still, not the same. :txflag:
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

Scout7507

Post by Scout7507 »

Bullitt, I noticed that the link is not accessible to the public. Shoot your VIN to me once you get it and I will run it through the database. I work for Ford Credit and can check on it for you.
“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” - Ernest Hemingway

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

I have an update for you guys. The guy that hit my Mustang is now on probation. He's required to pay $2,000 restitution to me for my car. It's due in full by January 17, 2009. He has to make his payments to his probation officer and the county will send me a check. If at any time, he misses a payment, he gets to go to jail for 2 years. It doesn't cover anywhere close to replacement or repair costs, but I guess the 2 grand is better than the jack diddly squat we were expecting.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

starrbuck

Post by starrbuck »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:You guys are making me miss my Mustang!!! It was recently totaled for me while parked in front of the house. Hit by a drunk driver with no license, no insurance, no nothing. Went to court, but nothing's happened with it yet. :cry: Wiping tears now just thinking about it! I got her when I was 16. ::sniffle::
That is the saddest thing I have seen in a long time!
Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Return to “New to CHL?”